O/T: Bands that missed the boat...

petejt

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, a band called Wayne was really good but I am not sure why the broke up. I don't think they ever really made it though. I think they were made up of session/songwriters. CD was called Music on Plastic.

Believe it or not, I always liked that band that won the MTV contest reality show thing, Flickerstick. I was supposed to see them when they played their first show in NYC on 9/11/01, the day their disc came out. Talk about bad timing. I have the disc..very good.

• Members
Alot of great bands listed here.

+1 on TNT

Knights of The New Thunder and Tell No Tales are awesome.

UFO should have been way bigger.

agreed on both of them :thu:

You can always picture a solo in your mind, by most people, but not Ronnie.
It was always something unusual

• Members
I'm a big fan of Lillian Axe and wish they had made it bigger. Steve Blaze is a very underrated guitarist in my opinion.

Hell, saw them way back in late 80's at a local bar...love the line in one song: "my girl likes to 69 all the time".:thu:

I'll add:

1) The Tragically Hip.
2) Big Sugar
3) The Tea Party
4) Miller Stain Limit
5) Wide Mouth Mason

• Members
1) The Tragically Hip.

3) The Tea Party

These guys were huge around here ten years back or so. Of course, by "here" I'm referring to Buffalo, which is quite literally damn near Canada anyway. I never got into The Hip (they still have a tribute band here!) but I :love: The Tea Party.

• Members

Again...I disagree with the choice...April Wine?

HUGE!

I guess some of this is a location division. Where I'm from....April Wine rocked the house, played constantly on the radio and high school proms.

They were kinda big for like 1 album (Nature of the Beast) but then dropped out of sight. I saw them on that tour opening for Nazareth. They were awesome!

Archived