looking for an american made combo amp..

Meatbeard

• Members

are there any combo amps that arent made in china anymore??? Im loking for something in the 800-1000 range thats versitile and reliable. Been thinking more and more about going the clean and using pedals for my overdrive route. Need a sweet combo with fat cleans thats not going to explode on the road.

Truthfully, a Budda Superdrive 30 combo would pretty much fullfill my needs with ease to give you a good idea of what im looking for. Those babies are just so expensive!!

• Members

I was going to suggest the budda superdrive 30 if you get one used.

otherwise, look for one of the tone tubby loaded Crate V3112T's on ebay. built in st. louis and sound phenomenal.

TRUE ive played one and those things sound fantastic. Thanks for reminding me thats going on the list for sure

• Members

true actually a Vox CC series would be great for me, but, I always hear horror stories about them falling apart.

They have a warranty? All the ones I have seen are of good build quality. Try valvetech for all american.

• Members

The higher end Peaveys are all still US made I think. Now that doesnt mean parts werent made here or there... but I think thats a fact of life with all amps. The 6505, Triple XXX, JSX, combos. I think the Classic combos are made in the US too?

But most circuit boards are made overseas, hard to get away from that.

• Members
are there any combo amps that arent made in china anymore??? Im loking for something in the 800-1000 range thats versitile and reliable. Been thinking more and more about going the clean and using pedals for my overdrive route. Need a sweet combo with fat cleans thats not going to explode on the road.

Truthfully, a Budda Superdrive 30 combo would pretty much fullfill my needs with ease to give you a good idea of what im looking for. Those babies are just so expensive!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Heartbreaker-2x12-guitar-amp_W0QQitemZ320326498126

• Members

Goodsell seems American enough. Of course American made tubes would have to be old stock since our government is protecting us from making them here. They are a little bit north of $1000, but you won't mind after you own it. I liked the Super 17 head so much I bought a 1x12 combo less than a week later. Zero regrets. In fact if stolen or damaged, another Goodsell would take their place. I might not be able to do it right away, but sooner or later I would again have a Goodsell.

http://www.superseventeen.com/home.html

• Members

Ive seen Rivera mentioned a few times in this thread.

Im ALWAYS intrigued by these because of how well they are built and how versatile they seem to be. But, the chubster is the only one that I have ever played that had useable gain on tap. Rivera, IMO, has one of the {censored}tiest overdrive channels on the market.

• Members

First, as already mentioned, the higher end Peaveys.

And:

Ive seen Rivera mentioned a few times in this thread.

Im ALWAYS intrigued by these because of how well they are built and how versatile they seem to be.
But, the chubster is the only one that I have ever played that had useable gain on tap. Rivera, IMO, has one of the {censored}tiest overdrive channels on the market

WOW. What's your version of "useable gain"??? Between all the models they've made/make, you can go from slightly overdriven (ninja boost on many amps, and lower gain on the bonehead/rake/knucklehead) to all out metal, K-tre'.

You also said that they have one of the {censored}tiest overdrive channels, like there is only ONE overdrive channel for all of their amps, which, is not the case.

• Members

i dont think they're in st louis anymore

Long gone, if ever there.

DRZ has some of the most reasonably priced Combos that really are made here. Ben Fargen does as well. There are more , but much more costly to go with it.

Archived