Call your bank.

NixerX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow.

Crap.

How do you know if your card is on that list?

I definitely can't afford to get {censored}ed like that right now.

call up your Financial institution and ask them if your card is on the breech list from the Hartland Payment Systems Breech in new jersey.

• Members

Call your bank and find out.

Yeah, if you want to wait on hold for hours due to the volume of calls from other paranoid mother{censored}ers. Just do what you should be doing anyway: keep an eye on your account a few times a week online and look for purchases you didn't make. In this day and age it's impossible to "get {censored}ed" by a fraudulent credit card charge.

• Members

Yeah, if you want to wait on hold for hours due to the volume of calls from other paranoid mother{censored}ers. Just do what you should be doing anyway: keep an eye on your account a few times a week online and look for purchases you didn't make. In this day and age it's impossible to "get {censored}ed" by a fraudulent credit card charge.

or you could avoid the mess and call to see if your on the list. If these dicks use your card number for stuff and the bank pays you back who pays the bank? no one...so yes it is entirely possible to get {censored}ed in this day and age it happens all the time.

• Members

Hey, if you've got time to sit on hold for an hour or so, go for it. I'll stick to my normal routine.

Sounds like you need a better bank.

but I work for my financial institution so I don't have to wait....but neither do our customers.

• Members

Running up Credit Card balances for unnecessary stuff coming back to bite you in the ass?

Not really. I pay it off quickly. I just now put some new stuff on it though. Including a triple rec off ebay for 1200. But it sucks to see it all on there!

• Members
This reminded me to get online and check my account.

God now I had to look at how much {censored} I got on there.
:facepalm:

You using the ostrich method of financial planning? :facepalm:

I keep an eye on my accounts regularly because you never know what can happen and ID theft is getting worse and worse. Generally speaking, if you take the right actions quickly you won't get {censored}ed for it, but lots of people have issues dealing with certain institutions and trying to get their credit score repaired and things like that after falling victim to these {censored}ers. There are lots of reasons to be paranoid...the Md5 hash used to issue a lot of SSL certs was compromised a short time ago using something like 200 PS3's chained together for cheap processing power, and theoretically the same could be done using something like cloud computing in the future. :cop:

• Members

Now now, let's not jump to conclusions. Homie might have had some medical bills, truly gotten {censored}ed by a divorce, etc.

Or, he's an early 20's something, that needed moar amps to fill up his signature.

Gaining e-cred through frivolous spending on borrowed money. It's the HCAF way.

• Members

or you could avoid the mess and call to see if your on the list. If these dicks use your card number for stuff and the bank pays you back who pays the bank? no one...so yes it is entirely possible to get {censored}ed in this day and age it happens all the time.

One thing caused this. Negligence.

Notice once the breach happened, the company wants to "step up security". That security should have been enacted in the first place. These companies should be made accountable for negligent handling of information.

All I know is, if my credit rating gets {censored}ed, Im suing these heartland mother{censored}ers. Failure to keep the protection of personal information up to the highest standards should not be a cost-cutting measure, but it is.

• Members

Now now, let's not jump to conclusions. Homie might have had some medical bills, truly gotten {censored}ed by a divorce, etc.

lol it ain't that bad. I only got 1500 on there actually. About to be a little more when sirius charges me again. But the problem with me paying it off quickly is I always take that as hell I can buy some more gear! lol Like after this triple rec is paid off I will be getting a new drum kit. But my credit score is pretty much as high as it gets due to me paying stuff off so well. I've never been late on any bill either or rent either. I've got friends much older than me who can't buy {censored}. Not even a cell phone due to bad credit. That would suck but I was always raised to pay {censored} off right. My dad always used a credit card growing up for stuff for us and him but he wouldn't do like some people. He'd buy just one thing at a time and pay it off and then get something else he wanted/needed.

• Members

Or, he's an early 20's something, that needed moar amps to fill up his signature.

Gaining e-cred through frivolous spending on borrowed money. It's the HCAF way.

I don't buy anything I can't afford. I could save up for it but basically this way I get it and then pay for it. And my credit keeps building.

And yes I am in my early 20's and need more amps! E-cred.. no.

My credit card company calls me everytime I buy something almost to see if I bought it. If it's anything over 400 dollars or so. I check it online usually about every 2 weeks but I had forgotten about it for the past month.

• Members

One thing caused this. Negligence.

Notice once the breach happened, the company wants to "step up security". That security should have been enacted in the first place. These companies should be made accountable for negligent handling of information.

All I know is, if my credit rating gets {censored}ed, Im suing these heartland mother{censored}ers. Failure to keep the protection of personal information up to the highest standards should not be a cost-cutting measure, but it is.

Good luck mate. Even though you are EXACTLY Right these dick heads are not liable. in fact they aren't even held to the same regulatory standards as banks are. SO they get breeched and shrug shoulders then walk. The banks have to payback the consumers they get the shaft and they banks get nothing in return 9 times out of 10.

Whats more is that you cant dictate where your card numbers / transactions are processed.

Its really a {censored}ed up arrangement.

• Members

Well perhaps I do need the ecred. lol But I don't have all my amps in my sig nor all of my guitars. Thinking about selling the original 5150 if anyone wants it btw. It's voodoo modded got el34's in it. 500.

Edit: pm me for pics.

• Members

lol it ain't that bad. I only got 1500 on there actually. About to be a little more when sirius charges me again. But the problem with me paying it off quickly is I always take that as hell I can buy some more gear! lol Like after this triple rec is paid off I will be getting a new drum kit. But my credit score is pretty much as high as it gets due to me paying stuff off so well. I've never been late on any bill either or rent either. I've got friends much older than me who can't buy {censored}. Not even a cell phone due to bad credit. That would suck but I was always raised to pay {censored} off right. My dad always used a credit card growing up for stuff for us and him but he wouldn't do like some people. He'd buy just one thing at a time and pay it off and then get something else he wanted/needed.

If your credit card is near it's limit then I can guarantee you your credit score isn't "pretty much as high as it gets...".

{censored} it, I'm not in the mood for this nonsense. We'll just leave it at you're an idiot.

Archived