Peavey 3120 vid from NAMM

Hapless

• Members

yeah, not a fan of the new looks.

But are they going to sell it?

I don't know how many times at Namm I have seen amps with no looks and they never end up selling them.

I saw Bullet for my Valentine one time with a 6505 that didn't look anything like mine and he got it from peavey. Now he has regular ones though.

I don't like the new look to much. I don't like those lights in it to much. Kinda looks like something a rapper would do if he played guitar. It don't look as mature and rugged.

• Members

Def. sounds like the ultra series. But i guess they are all from that ultra series. They all have the same controls pretty much and layout. I'll probably just keep the ultra 60. Even though it would be cool to add to it and my 5150.

• Members

As far as it sounding like a XXX I would have to disagree. But then again I may not have had my XXX dialed to sound like that - and I wish I could get 3120 type tones from my XXX. The new look for Peavey amps looks horrible IMO. The only other amp that could be uglier is the Rogue Tuberider.

• Members
you guys have kryptonian ears or something?

lot of assumptions and conclusions here from a single heavily compressed crap sounding youtube video

:poke:

nobody even played it and now it's the best peavey ever made
:facepalm:

No kidding. I did hear something in the vid that really reminded me of my XXX, but I also clarified "from what I can tell from that vid". Which basically means nothing..:lol: But people saying it sounds BETTER than ANY other amp without ever {censored}ing playing one is straight up ridiculous..

• Members

I'm surprised so many people are giving this clip love... the guy has it dialed in like an over compressed, over distorted mess on the vid (I'm sure the camera contributes, too). It sounds like there's a really good amp in there somewhere but someone needs to dial the freaking thing. Definitely would be worth a whirl at a music store, but definitely not an an instant GAS attack here.

• Members

I'm surprised so many people are giving this clip love... the guy has it dialed in like an over compressed, over distorted mess on the vid (I'm sure the camera contributes, too). It sounds like there's a really good amp in there somewhere but someone needs to dial the freaking thing. Definitely would be worth a whirl at a music store, but definitely not an an instant GAS attack here.

I agree. Seems like one of those amps with only a 1/3rd of usable gain to me.

Archived