Official Matamp/vintage-Orange/Electric owners thread

BlackHive

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the schematics.... If you post high res gut shot photos of an amp using tag board construction and people have a fair idea that its going to look like an or/mat then I'm surprised that it has taken this long for someone to reverse engineer it. People have reverse engineered much more complicated amps than this from lower quality photos and some of the amps have used multilayer PCBs! The fact that Joel got pissy at the dude can only mean that the schematic is fairly accurate so he really dropped the ball there. There isn't anything amazingly unique in there really. It has a few differences from a GT-120 bar the additional gain stages such as using an FMV tone stack rather than a james/baxandall. I'd wager its more akin to a GT-1 but I haven't seen a schematic of one of those and I doubt one is going to turn up any time soon.

• Members

I really, really don't think the Matamp GT1 has a problem with gain considering these are all direct guitar --> amp:

I wasn't saying they don't have a lot of gain.....especially when cranked up hot......I'm just saying to get really *brewtal* you'll have to use a pedal to get it to Electric Amp levels.

I've heard all of your clips, and the GT1 doesn't have those levels of gain available.

I would say the middle video is the most representative of what I hear from mine. Good old classic generic stoner tone.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Not an owner. Just a user. My Broe owns a early 70's Orange GRO 50 and an early 70's OR120. Both stock except the head sleeves. (The GRO has a black sleeve made by Matamp & the OR has a non original Orange sleeve.)

both brutally loud. I use them mixed with various Marshalls.

Archived