Official Matamp/vintage-Orange/Electric owners thread

BlackHive

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+ taking into account shipping to where I'm at, + customs fees, etc. Doesn't look like BS now, does it? I listed the auction mostly for the rest of the world, not US. And, in case you haven't noticed, I AM accepting offers and trades.

gotcha, good luck man...

• Members

For any U.S. Matamp owners in need of Matamp repairs...props to John McNeece. Just got my Series 2000 back from John over at Class A Electronics/Diabolical Amps. He was the former Authorized U.S. Service/Repair guy for Matamp and is quite familiar with the vintage originals. He did a fantastic job getting my amp up and running and is extremely cool to talk to over the phone. Really quick turnaround, had my amp back within 2 weeks, and very, very fair prices.

John and James are the real deal. Two totally cool legit dudes!

• Members

I don't know if I ever officially bragged about my OR120. Bought it for a steal on ebay ($1000) a while back and had it totally refurbed by the folks at Nashville Amp Repair. Calling it a monster is an insult.tumblr_livs4onptO1qbuhvjo1_500.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

alright so I pretty much convinced myself to order a Matamp next month but I'm still torn between the GT 120 and the GT1. What are some basic pro and cons about both amps? There aren't any dealers around here so I'm pretty much doing a blind order here...

Stuff I want:

Play nice with fuzz and other dirt

Have the typical Dopesmoker dirt

• Members

alright so I pretty much convinced myself to order a Matamp next month but I'm still torn between the GT 120 and the GT1. What are some basic pro and cons about both amps? There aren't any dealers around here so I'm pretty much doing a blind order here...

Stuff I want:

Play nice with fuzz and other dirt

Have the typical Dopesmoker dirt

Well, if you want to use pedals with it, you are probably better off with a higher wattage GT120 for more headroom. Having played the GT2 (which is essentially a 2 channel GT1), I'd say the GT1 will be more modern voiced (if that could ever be applied to a Matamp sound).

But actually, don't bother deciding too much. Truth is, every Matamp sounds different. Even if you get to hear an amp somewhere, chances that you will buy and receive the same sounding amp are rather slim. I've owned about 4-5 1224`s, and no 2 ever sounded the same.

• Members

I just sold my Matamp First Lady in green tolex.. Great amp but i had to sell it for moneyz
:mad:

Matamp1.jpg

Matamp2.jpg

Matamp3.jpg

Matamp4.jpg

HiwattMatamp.jpg

what the heck is that tele in the background with the art work on it, that looks really interesting.

• Members

For any U.S. Matamp owners in need of Matamp repairs...props to John McNeece. Just got my Series 2000 back from John over at Class A Electronics/Diabolical Amps. He was the former Authorized U.S. Service/Repair guy for Matamp and is quite familiar with the vintage originals. He did a fantastic job getting my amp up and running and is extremely cool to talk to over the phone. Really quick turnaround, had my amp back within 2 weeks, and very, very fair prices.

Hell yeah. John and James at ClassA rule. It's worth getting your Matamp, Electric, Diabolical repaired by John.

You asked earlier what the diabolical sounds like. Sorry I didn't see that until know.

I thought I had a clip showing the range but I don't. Maybe soon though. It's amazing. Like 4 amps in one and all four from clean to nasty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived