So what's your favourite single coils?

STROOTH

• Members

I have one strat, and it has Duncan Alnico IIs in it. I'm really not a strat guy at all. I love the Barden's in my Gatton tele, but they're very much Danny's tone. I have a Duncan QP tele and random Duncan neck pickup in The Chief, and they sound really good, but it's more for smooth rhythm.

My favorite single coils tend to be lipsticks or Gretsch/TV Jones Dynasonics.

Oddly enough, I use my Carvin CT4 Goldtop with Fralin humbuckers a lot when I want to get a single coil type sound :D

• Members
I thoroughly enjoy my Kinman AvN Blues pickups I put in my Warmoth Strat.

I had a set of Kinman Woodstocks some time ago. Didn't like them at all and cost me a bloody fortune. :mad:

I just find proper single coils (the ones that hum) to be much better than the noiseless single coil wanna bees.

It's all personal preference though I suppose.

• Members
I am in the process of getting Fralin Blues Specials put in my new Strat I got for Christmas, I will let you know what I think of them.
:)

I came so close to getting these when I was looking. Don't know what made me go with Novak's instead. I suppose there are so many people that use Fralin I just thought I would go with something different.

Sure glad I did. I plugged my Strat into the Lionheart last night after a restring, :love::love::love::love:

I am really surprised not more people use them to be honest. Seems quite a few use his Jazzmaster pickups but have not seen many people on this forum using his Strat pickups.

• Members

I thoroughly enjoy my Kinman AvN Blues pickups I put in my Warmoth Strat.

Just swapped out my Kinman Blues for Suhr FL Classics on my Levinson Blade R2 strat and the difference is like night and day. The Kinmans are completely silent and sound good but to my ears don't have anywhere near the vintage character and personality of the Suhrs.

• Members

bare knuckle Uber-Sinner with a zinc-steel base plate, 23k.

Single coil tone, but with huge, tight low end and as much power as an EMG81. Will stand toe-to-toe with any high output humbucker out there.

Archived