• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I've met people who think its Slash.... even after seeing the video
:facepalm:

Its a kickass tune, I love playing that tapping solo
:rawk:

FWIW, I thought it was Satriani for years.

You know what's funny? Stevens mentioned in an interview with GFTPM (I think it was March '88, Mars and Sixx on the cover) that he 'never tapped'. Did he forget that he played the Top Gun Anthem?:facepalm:

• Members
You know what's funny? Stevens mentioned in an interview with GFTPM (I think it was March '88, Mars and Sixx on the cover) that he 'never tapped'. Did he forget that he played the Top Gun Anthem?

because I'm sure me meant he absolutely 100% never EVER played a tapped lick before.

• Members

I never really got into it enough to find out who actually played it, but I could've told you with 100% certainty that it wasn't Ed. It sounds nothing like him. I'd probably have guessed it was Satch, but Steve Stevens I could definitely see.

Steve's a Splawn guy these days, too, ya know! :rawk:

• Members

I was surprised to see on Youtube how many people give credit to Eddie Van Halen for the Top Gun Anthem. Surprised all the more to then learn that my wife also thought it was by Eddie.

We need to spread the word.......Steve Stevens doesn't have much, so let's not take this away from him.

Actually, I always thought it was LA ace (now Nashville ace) Dan Huff. He used to play all that stuff.

• Members

I thought it was Satch for years.

I just watched this movie the other night, funnily enough. The guy that played Iceman's RIO, what's his name, Rothson or something? Anyway, on the special features he talks about how they were all basically loaded drunk the entire time they were filming it. Explains a LOT.

• Members

I spent 2 years as crew on board the carrier USS Constellation CV-64 [retired] and "Top Gun" teh movie is a bunch of hollywood fiction, the notion that some smart-ass pilot saves the US of A from some "incident" with the ruskies.

We had incidents with the Russians in the Indian Ocean on a daily basis but you would never hear about it in the states because it's Classified.:eek:

Having said that, the movie's dogfight sequnces' & the music was cool.:cop:

Have a fine Navy Day.....that is all.:thu:

• Members
and "Top Gun" teh movie is a bunch of hollywood fiction, the notion that some smart-ass pilot saves the US of A from some "incident" with the ruskies.

We had incidents with the Russians in the Indian Ocean on a daily basis but you would never hear about it in the states because it's Classified.
:eek:

Having said that, the movie's dogfight sequnces' & the music was cool.
:cop:

Have a fine Navy Day.....that is all.
:thu:

Oh {censored}, heres me thinking that it was all real, thank you for telling me it wasn't.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members
Haven't heard the track since whenever I saw the film, assuming it features, and I just listened.

It totally nailed why the 80's are to be despised and loathed at all costs.

Its even worse when you see some guys (COUGHzackmanCOUGH) that are stuck in the 80's and still insist on using huge rack systems for their pub gigs.

Archived