Peterson Strobostomp Dethroned?

JBecker

• Members

I have what I regard as pretty good
relative
pitch. I can tell when one string is out of tune, even when it's a very slight amount. It's not the same as
perfect
pitch though. People with perfect pitch can tell differences between a
named
note and a
played
note. My son can tune his guitar by ear, and when he plugs it into a tuner to test it, it's dead on. He can hum the high E note - without any reference note from an instrument - into one of my tuners and the tuner will read a dead-center E. It's uncanny.

huh- that's crazy. i've never really thought about it much to be honest.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i dont know if i have it or not- it's just always been really easy for me to hear differences in pitches and tune easily
:idk:

Do yourself a favor:

Record something.

Go back a week later, double track it.

Listen.

:facepalm:

Go buy a tuner.

• Members

Again, someone help me? I have a TU-2, I like it, it does its job. If I get something more accurate like the peterson or this new one, will I notice a difference, will my guitar sound more intune, even if it already does?

Im not trolling, honestly, im curious as to what difference it makes. Cheers
:)

Absolutely. How would tuners that are 10-100x more accurate not sound more in-tune?

A lot of people are content with something like a TU-2, but they are missing out in my opinion.

• Members
Again, someone help me? I have a TU-2, I like it, it does its job. If I get something more accurate like the peterson or this new one, will I notice a difference, will my guitar sound more intune, even if it already does?

I know you're not trolling cos' you're not the first person to ask this.

Yes you will hear a difference. Night and day between the TU2 and Strobostomp 2

• Members
I bought a Pitchblack the other day and really dig it. FWIW, it seems to be more accurate (or at least quicker) that my old TU-2.

IMO it goes like this, from left to right, least accurate to most accurate

TU2 - TU12H - DT10 - Pitchblack - Peterson

Haven't tried the Turbo Tuner so I won't vouch for it but damn does that demo video say a lot :eek:

• Members

My TU-2 works just fine for me too. :thu:

• Members
I use this...

tuner.jpg

Seems to work well enough, although I'd like to try the pitchblack for a pedalboard...

Me too... I've got a hardtail that holds tuning for months - tune once before practice or show and I'm ready to go.

Same batteries in that tuner from when I bought it 6 years ago!

_TJK*

• Members

Mainly down to the accuracy, especially when intonating.

Boss TU-2: +/-3 cent

Peterson Strobostomp: +/-0.1 cent

Turbo Tuner ST-200: +/-0.02 cent

The Turbo Tuner is ridiculously accurate. Going to be hard to beat I think

• Members
He's not whining, he just called you out on your usual troll bull{censored}.

Probably what most of us want from you...and that's to STFU as much as possible.

What he said. :thu:

James, ignore 9ball he has no comprehension skills and is simply a moron. He has no ability to understand how stupid he sounds. He argues about {censored} like this all the time, except never has any basis for his arguments and just sounds like a child...and uses a lot of these :rolleyes: When you see that....you know he has nothing to say. He will now start on me...except I will ignore him before my head explodes from his inane comments and random :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm::bor:

:wave:

• Members

Me too... I've got a hardtail that holds tuning for months - tune once before practice or show and I'm ready to go.

Same batteries in that tuner from when I bought it 6 years ago!

_TJK*

Intonate and tune your guitar using a Peterson and if you can't hear a very noticeable difference, you need new ears

• Members
What he said.
:thu:

James, ignore 9ball he has no comprehension skills and is simply a moron. He has no ability to understand how stupid he sounds. He argues about {censored} like this all the time, except never has any basis for his arguments and just sounds like a child...and uses a lot of these
:rolleyes:
When you see that....you know he has nothing to say. He will now start on me...except I will ignore him before my head explodes from his inane comments and random
:rolleyes::facepalm::bor:

:wave:

I've also noticed this with that particular moron.
Ignoring the twit works for me. :thu:

Back on topic, that vid certainly has me interested in the Turbo Tuner.
However, I currently use the Korg DT10 and I really like its buffer.
I think my setup sounds marginally better with the DT10 in front of my pedal chain.

• Members

all this 9ball hate warms my heart

im sure it does. you've proven what an insatiable troll you are.

i think you have roid rage or something tbh. you constantly follow me around and do nothing but talk trash and start {censored} with me.

all you do is bitch about trolling, all the while creating most of it yourself.

its a really weak minded lame way to be, but i guess you're not smart enough to just get over your little problem with the man in your computer who goes by the name of 9ball...lol

i really dont give a {censored} what you think about me. you're in idiot. :idk:

oh and look-- you made another troll buddy who follows me around and talks {censored}- :lol:

• Members
For those who would argue that you can do without a tuner, or that accuracy isn't important, or that the speed of the tuner isn't important...it's relative. To some it's more important than others. Some people don't even mind being out of tune throughout an entire performance, and some audience members don't seem to notice in those cases (depending on how drunk they are or how loud the band is playing). During recording though, I'd argue it's critical. But then again I'd like my mixes to sound "right" for tuning, timing, and so on.

i still dont get why someone would think it strange for someone to ask this guy to clarify wether or not he really means what he's obviously implying with this post... but i know there will always be butthurt little trolls who hold grudes over the internet like 6th grade children and look for any excuse to talk {censored} with someone so :idk:

to james peters- you dont have to get mad at me for asking you to clarify on saying something thats obviously idiotic just because you dont have the balls to admit it - it's not my fault :idk:
:lol:

• Members

quit fighting guys!

I need a tuner pedal, what should I get.. the TurboStomp or the PitchBlack? I need it for studio/practice and live applications. Pitchblack seems to be built a lil tougher and plus from the videos it looks a lot easier to operate.. What should I choose?

Archived