Can my school charge me for my confiscated phone?

Beasleyboy

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Pay the money. It sucks and all but what can you do.

Once you have your phone back put it away and head for the mens room.

Bust up the mirrors and break anything porcelain you can find. Toilets, sinks that kind of thing.

Now you and the school are even.

Don't get caught.

If you get questioned, don't admit to anything.

It's even better if you can do it to the teacher's facilities but about a 100 times harder.

Superglue in locks is fun too - and it's much quieter.

:thu:

I'm not looking for revenge or anything, I just want my phone back without paying $15 that is going to some crime stoppers program that pays kids to rat out parties. Ya I signed the school policy agreement, but you are required to sign it to attend school so what the {censored} are you supposed to do?

• Members

I'm not looking for revenge or anything, I just want my phone back without paying $15 that is going to some crime stoppers program that pays kids to rat out parties. Ya I signed the school policy agreement, but you are required to sign it to attend school so what the {censored} are you supposed to do?

pay for private school or be home schooled if you're not happy with the public school policies.

If you can't afford it, stay there and follow the school policies. It's not that difficult.

• Members

if you want to get really technical, they cant withold your personal property for any reason

• Members

pay for private school or be home schooled if you're not happy with the public school policies.

If you can't afford it, stay there and follow the school policies. It's not that difficult.

This.

And you're in {censored}ing high school. And you claim to have a job. You should know by now that life has many "choices" that are nothing more than illusions. Get used to it and deal with it. Being a whiny baby isn't gonna get you anywhere.

And next time you sign a contract, read it first. :lol:

• Members

not bring your phone to school?

• Members

if you want to get really technical, they cant withold your personal property for any reason

well if you want to get REALLY technical, violations of policies are punishable within reason, and especially when detailed in writing and signed by all parties.

• Members
that document wouldnt hold up in court, seeing that youre forced to sign it just to attend the school (which is a public service youre ENTITLED to)

only law enforcement agencies can impund property and get away with it:cop:

You're entitled to public schooling, but you don't have to accept it. That document would most definitely hold up in court; it's legally binding.

If he really was against their terms so much, he should have not signed it. He could have gotten his parents to talk with the school and possibly get some kind of exception to the rule if he had a legitimate excuse, or went to a private school, or have been home-schooled. If none of those are options (which I'm sure is the case), then he should man up and deal with it. Sheesh, all this whining over 15 bucks. I can assure the OP that there will be other things in life that are much more worth putting a fight up about. :facepalm:

• Members

that document wouldnt hold up in court, seeing that youre forced to sign it just to attend the school (which is a public service youre ENTITLED to)

only law enforcement agencies can impound property and get away with it:cop:

I like how this man thinks. Undue influence, because you are required to sign the document to attend the school, and you can't afford private or homeschool?

• Members

I think If I were a teacher and I heard some kids phone go off or saw someone even touching a phone I'd throw it into a wall and watch it shatter. Then I'd shove that students face into the shards. I'd say "sorry if I disrupted your phone call, you disrupted my class, oh it wasn't a phone call? Well sorry school is no place for cell phones."

I say you thank god that I'm not a teacher in your school and pay up the 15 bucks and just keep it in your car or your locker all day.

and we now know why I am not a teacher.

THE PERFECT RESPONSE!!!!

• Members

only law enforcement agencies can impound property and get away with it:cop:

LOL you're entitled to go to school as much as you are obligated to follow its policies.

Besides, they're not denying him access to school (which they could btw, if they expelled him), they're denying access to his phone with his written consent.

No one is forced to go to public school, there are other options. If that's all you can afford, that's your problem, not theirs.

• Members
I like how this man thinks. Undue influence, because you are required to sign the document to attend the school, and you can't afford private or homeschool?

Then like I mentioned in my post, if it's really such a problem, you should have gotten Mommy and Daddy to talk to the school about it before you signed it. It looks like they'd have no problem with doing something like that, seeing as how you're probably a spoiled little brat for bitching so much about something like this. ;)

• Members

if there is a legit reason or complaint for having the phone or any amendment to the documentation being signed, it must be made prior to a violation. You cannot run a red light, get a ticket, then complain that you were unjustly forced into agreeing to the laws of the road by accepting your drivers license.

• Members
well if you want to get REALLY technical, violations of policies are punishable
within reason
, and especially when detailed in writing and signed by all parties.

withholding someones personal property that is more likely than not a staple to their lifestyle could easily be considered UNREASONABLE :wave:

• Members

Well...I guess I'm in the minority. While I feel you should have had the phone taken away and been disciplined...I don't see where it is any school's right to start dishing out fines for anything. I would have asked, before signing anything, where the school has the right to dish out fines as well as wanting to know where that money will be applied.

Everyone acting all high and mighty...I'm sure none of them have EVER forgotten to turn their phones off...lol.

Archived