• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sorry, but I don't know why VHT is now Fryette either
:idk:

Cole

:facepalm: It's called Google, my friend. :idea:

Effective January 1, 2009 VHT Amplification, Inc., will be known as Fryette Amplification, a division of Steven Fryette Design, Inc. Fryette Amplification will continue to manufacture all of the VHT models currently in production including the award winning Sig:X amplifier, Deliverance amplifiers and speaker cabinets, Pittbull Ultra-Lead amplifier, FatBottom speaker cabinets, Two/Fifty/Two and Two/Ninety/Two power amps and Valvulator I Buffer + Power Supply.

In making the name change, founder and CEO Steven Fryette states: "Much like a musician who finds his own voice, my more recent designs have really captured what I've been searching for ever since starting VHT 20 years ago. These designs represent my personal vision of how an amplifier can interact with a player in a truly musical way. We'll be introducing the Memphis Series amplifiers at Winter NAMM and these new products exemplify the use of our patented technology, years of experience and commitment to quality all in an affordable format. For years I have thought about putting my name on a product and finally I feel comfortable enough to do just that."

As Steven Fryette Design Inc., Fryette plans on continuing working with others as a design consultant in addition to building Fryette Amplifiers and accessories. "Earlier this year, I had consulted with AXL and thoroughly enjoyed the experience of working with another manufacturer. In a surprise move, AXL offered to buy the trademarked VHT brand name and logo. They will now manufacture their own product under that name. The offer to buy was also an opportunity to rebrand the company under my name." says Fryette. All of the original VHT intellectual property, patents, designs, and trade dress have been retained by Steven Fryette Design, Inc.

• Members

Is it more dynamic than your Mesa Marks?

The lead channel on the Sig:X is as fluid and less compressed than the Mark IV.

the 3 channels are actually usable. The distortion on the Sig:X is grainier but is mean as hell. The rhythm channel is drier than the Deliverance but is more usable than R2 on the Mark IV.

I find the 7 string guitar sounds better on the Mark IV and is easier to record.

• Members

The lead channel on the Sig:X is as fluid and less compressed than the Mark IV.

the 3 channels are actually usable. The distortion on the Sig:X is grainier but is mean as hell. The rhythm channel is drier than the Deliverance but is more usable than R2 on the Mark IV.

I find the 7 string guitar sounds better on the Mark IV and is easier to record.

I'd like to try one.

In the early 90's before the internet really hit, I sent SF a letter asking about a catalog, and he sent one along with a hand written letter. That was cool.

• Members

I'm kind of confused too...

I just facepalmed because it has been discussed to death here. For those that don't know though, here it is one more time. According to court documents, Steve Fryette of VHT borrowed some money from another amplifier company (Axe amplifiers or something similar...can't remember the exact name). As collateral, he put up the trademark rights to his company name (VHT). He defaulted on the loan and was then forced to hand the company name over to the loaning company. This company makes garbage, and is hiding behind the VHT name and logo but making low quality amps. Steve Fryette then renamed his company Fryette Amplification.

Why Steve did this, I have no idea. I don't know him personally, but all I can say is that it was a very bad decision IMO. When you build a name for as long as Steve did, that name becomes just as important as the products attached to it. Live and learn though. I'm sure Steve will do just fine with Fryette Amps if he keeps cranking out killer products like he always has.

• Members

I believe "loan" is a bit of a misnomer, and that the actual transaction was a bit more complicated than that. Just FWIW.

I love my SIG X, tho I still prefer my D120 for recording. I get asked about the SIG X live all the time, I'm going to call about new faceplates tomorrow.

• Members

That press release was so far beyond the truth it ain't funny
:facepalm:

The dirty laundry doesn't need to be aired anymore...the "official" press release is good enough information for these N00bs. :poke:

• Members

The good thing about the new name is when you search on the forums for VHT you get the message that you need more than 3 letters. Fryette comes up in seaches without pittbull or anything else!

• Members

Nice website, but it won't help much because the brand name is the epitome of fail. As nice as his amps are, Fryette isn't a very masculine brand name for amps aimed primarily for heavier styles.

Archived