UK /Euro May 09 SPAM Thread

justcrash

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is a phenomenal amp, but unfortunately I can't justify having both this and my Diezel, especially now I have my Axe-FX as well. If money wasn't an issue then I would keep it, but in reality it's a big investment to have in something that isn't strictly necessary for me.

I'll copy and paste the description I put in the thread I made when I first got it:

HPIM0607.jpg

HPIM0608.jpg

HPIM0610.jpg

Elmwood are a fairly unheard of small boutique Swedish amp company, but most reviews out there tend to be extremely positive.

The amp is an EL34 driven 60w head, with a switchable 30w option. It has two channels, each with an added boost function with it's own separate gain knob. The clean channel's boost also has a seperate preamp volume if you want to kick the poweramp harder. There are also twin footswitchable master volumes, a parallel FX loop and global "edge" and "fat" knobs on the back of the amp to tweak the whole voicing.

The aesthetics are very classy - the thick black vinyl used is plush and smooth, and the polished black faceplate with blue LEDs looks great. The logo plate is actually slightly pearlescent and looks better in person than in the pics (it does seem like an identical font to both Bogner and Egnater amps though, which is strange). The cabinet itself is very compact in width, but deep, and feels very sturdy.

Onto the sounds.

The clean channel is absolutely gorgeous. It has an amazing depth and chime to it, with a sparkly high end and round and warm low end. The clarity and bloom is out of this world. As you wind up the channel volume, it breaks up in a beautiful and smooth British-voiced manner. Flick the boost switch on and the gain keeps winding up to an old-school Marshall-y bark without any harshness in the high end. The note definition is shockingly clear at all times. The sound is open and dynamic, but sustains like you're using a compressor. The amp is worth it for this channel alone.

Channel 2 takes everything up a notch to some serious dirt. Again, it's very smooth and fat with no fizz at all, but still with the same sparkling note definition. The sound is huge and it has a roaring fat midrange. It's incredible for hard rock tones, like Nuno Bettencourt's tones with Extreme, but as the gain goes up further, you're into full on metal sounds. With the gain maxed, it's in serious metal crunch territory, with a thick chewy low end. It's not as tight as the VH4 is, but it is open and still incredibly clear with the same exceptional note definition as before. The amp is also very quiet, even with the gain right up. Add a tubescreamer in front, and things get ridiculous, the low end tightens up a tad, and the midrange gets more focussed and pronounced. The sound is just monstrous, think Killswitch Engage, and stays tight and clear even with the F8 in drop E. There's serious djent on offer with appropriate EQing too.

With the amp's boost engaged, you get even more gain to play with and slight increase in compression that makes it incredible for soloing. The sound is fluid and smooth in all the right ways, again with silly note definition. The attack is fast and responsive but still juicy and really encourages you to dig in. The low end doesn't loosen up at all, so you can still use it for rhythm. In fact, at higher volumes the low end seems to tighten up on it's own, so I'm still in two minds about whether or not the tubescreamer is needed when you're playing louder. You can still get the necessary boost for solos by using the second master volume, even if you're using the same settings for rhythm and leads.

I'm looking for

• Members

Blackstar Artisan 100 Head

It comes with the dust cover, a print out of the manual and the original box.

I've stolen these clips and pic from MILO's original ad.

Voice 1

Voice 2

Voice 3

Voice 4

blackstar.jpg

The amp is excellent condition apart from the jewel light doesn't light up. It doesn't affect the sound of the amp though!

• Members

This is a Blue Engl Screamer 50 combo that was made as a limited edition for Academy of Sound. I bought it new from Academy of Sound in Leeds about 4 years ago and for the last 3 years since moving to London it has had no play. It's a great amp, I'm only selling it because I'm wanting to go the head and cab route again. There are a few dings on it thanks to my old drummer but sonically it is great, and yes it can do tha metalz, as is often asked about the amp, I gigged in metal bands with it and it had no problems.

I'm looking to sell for sensible offers or trade for/toward an Engl Powerball, Savage or maybe an Diezel Einstein head. Amp is located in London.

eng_front.jpgengl_front_angle.jpgengl_back.jpg

Contact me for more images/info

• Members

tele_1.jpg

tele_2.jpg

Japanese Telecaster 62 Custom Re-issue. The A-6digit serial number places this around 1985-1986. I bought it from an old guy who had to give up guitar due to arthritis, so I'm the second owner. All original, includes hard case. Early Japanese Fenders are awesome guitars. Has a few cosmetic issues, bit of smudging to the binding on the back, I can send more pictures.

• Members

My analogman Peppermint Fuzz.

A great pedal that I got from a fellow forumite but realised that it wasn't the sound I was looking for. I'm trying to get a brit bender or a fulltone soul bender. Bottom's got some velcro and there is a spot that was open to let a cable run through. The cable is included to connect the pedal to your PP2 or any power spot.

• Members

Ampmaker 5watt head. I built it, but it's been sitting around doing nothing for a while and I doubt I'll use it. It's got a really nice vintage Marshall type sound.

I'm open to offers on it.

CIMG5165.jpg

Oh, it's had a handle installed since this picture was taken.

• Members

Raising cash to feed the gas... Free to pick up, or shipping extra. Based in Herts/London and work in NW Essex near Harlow.

BC Rich warlock - plat pro special edition. Floyd rose, black, good condition bar knock on upper horn of the body. With all the bits present and correct.