Skinny guitarists....(1,2,3)

campfirehero

• Members

^^^ Agreed. When I got married in my early 20's I was 6'5" and 165lbs! Waaay too skinny. I worked at a grocery warehouse 10 hour days throwing 60-80lb bags all day. To look at me you'd think I wasn't strong, but man I was strong as hell. I ate like a horse and couldn't gain weight. I hated it.

17 years later and I'm 6'5" and 230 lbs. I feel great. Thank God I finally gained weight. It took until my late 30's for it to happen though.

So my response is to the guys saying these kids are unhealthy. I looked like them too and I was very healthy and strong. It's just the way my body was. Now if you sit around all day and do nothing and don't eat and look like that, then your very unhealthy.:cool:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
^^^ Agreed. When I got married in my early 20's I was 6'5" and 165lbs! Waaay too skinny. I worked at a grocery warehouse 10 hour days throwing 60-80lb bags all day. To look at me you'd think I wasn't strong, but man I was strong as hell. I ate like a horse and couldn't gain weight. I hated it.

17 years later and I'm 6'5" and 230 lbs. I feel great. Thank God I finally gained weight. It took until my late 30's for it to happen though.

So my response is to the guys saying these kids are unhealthy. I looked like them too and I was very healthy and strong. It's just the way my body was. Now if you sit around all day and do nothing and don't eat and look like that, then your very unhealthy.
:cool:

nooo....late 30's...jesus christ.

• Members

this thread is great... 5' 6" 125 pounds... im the smallest guy in my band... i blows being a lead guitarist and having everyone else be tall as hell and jacked... just gotta turn up my amp to get people to notice me!

• Members

I'm more puzzled by people who haven't mastered basic spelling and grammar.

Rule #99. You really need to read it.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05/12/99-grammar/

I'm on the other side of the spectrum. 5'11" 240. I could stand to lose 20 no doubt, but I have never been light. Even back in the Army days I was around 200 and maxed the pt test. (That's 82 pushups in 2 mins, 92 situps in 2 mins, and do the 2 mile run under 12:00) {censored} I feel fat now, probably couldn't even finish a mile.. :)

• Members

I'm 6'3" and around 175. I'm thinish, but in superior health. I'm not buff, but I walk and easy 5 miles a day in whats going to be 100 degree heat, up and down 40 flights of stairs, and lift up to 50lbs of equipment over my head while I attempt to secure it to a ceiling mount 30 feet off the ground.

I just burn alot of calories a day. I would have to eat so much more a day to make the extra calories TO weight lift, that I probably wouldn't have the time to even do so during the day.

And yes. I sold my Les Paul for an Ibanez S Prestige, and my Randall MTS combo is a pain in the ass to move around. Being strong or not doesn't change the fact that a Les Paul is heavy and uncomfortable in comparison to other guitars, and the amps can be heavy.

• Members

I'm 6'3" and around 175. I'm thinish, but in superior health. I'm not buff, but I walk and easy 5 miles a day in whats going to be 100 degree heat, up and down 40 flights of stairs, and lift up to 50lbs of equipment over my head while I attempt to secure it to a ceiling mount 30 feet off the ground.

I just burn alot of calories a day. I would have to eat so much more a day to make the extra calories TO weight lift, that I probably wouldn't have the time to even do so during the day.

And yes. I sold my Les Paul for an Ibanez S Prestige, and my Randall MTS combo is a pain in the ass to move around. Being strong or not doesn't change the fact that a Les Paul is heavy and uncomfortable in comparison to other guitars, and the amps can be heavy.

That's ok, you have an awesome avatar.

• Members
Dude...that sounds pretty unhealthy. You definitely need to eat more. I'm skinny. I can't imagine being 40 pounds lighter and the same height.

Then I must fail. I'm like 5,9" and like 110 and I'm 14, but then again, I don't eat at all. I can handle lifting my rig though.

• Members
What ever happened to that white Splawn 4x12?:poke:

:mad::mad::mad:

Asshole never shipped it and never responded to me, kept my money.. I was reimbursed $200 but paypal has yet to reimburse me for the other $75. they had a limit of $200 then back in july, now they will reimburse everything. {censored} paypal man.

I got {censored}ed on that one.

• Members
:mad:

Asshole never shipped it and never responded to me, kept my money.. I was reimbursed $200 but paypal has yet to reimburse me for the other $75. they had a limit of $200 then back in july, now they will reimburse everything. {censored} paypal man.

I got {censored}ed on that one.

:cry:

• Members

Then I must fail. I'm like 5,9" and like 110 and I'm 14, but then again, I don't eat at all. I can handle lifting my rig though.

I can handle everything beside my 4x12 and even then its only moving it up stairs that I have a big problem with, that and its just bulky as {censored}.

• Members

6'7", 180 lbs. FTW? :cop:

I've been a skinny bastard ever since I started running cross country in 7th grade. I'm 17 now, and even during the offseason, when I basically don't exercise at all for 4-5 months, I gain 5 lbs tops. And of course it all disappears as soon as I start running again. I do a small amount of weight lifting so I don't look like an anorexic freak, but even I wanted to get big I probably couldn't. I can lift my ~100 lb 4x12 by myself no problem, though.

• Members
I remember an article where Randy Rhodes complained about the weight of his Les Paul's.

You can't be hatin' on Randy!
:confused:
:poke:

Les Paul has always complained about the weight of Les Pauls, so there's a reasonable concern there.

Archived