Skinny guitarists....(1,2,3)

campfirehero

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a 32 inch waist and I lift my 4x12 cabs just fine . Some of you guys need to grow some muscles.

I can lift mine just fine too, but what does waist size have to do with how much you can lift? You could have a 32 waist and weight 140 pounds or your could have a 32 waist and weigh 210 pounds and be ripped.

• Members

I'm like 6 foot and weight around 180. I'd say I'm in pretty decent shape.

Although I eat {censored} basically, I work out enough to make up for it.

I currently can't run though...which sucks balls.

But then again, I'm not much of a guitarist or musician.

• Members
Musicians are usually the skinny, uncoordinated wusses in high school who can't play sports. Or, excuse me, chose not to because they didn't like sports.
:rolleyes:

Urmmm

Played Defensive CB for HS football. 6'2 160lbs. Didn't like having to take down 250Lb Rb's when they got outside tho. That pounding took a toll on my body years later. Knees/Ligaments were pretty f'd up.

Our bassist was fat. 5'10 265lbs Played Tuba in HS

Vocalist was the skin bones! 6'3 140

Drummer played HS football. DB 6'3 220+

Most of skinny guitarists get the praise. All the big workout type dudes you guys say :facepalm:

Petruccu, Zakk

Most guitarists were always thin, but I'd say vocalists win in the thin n bones dept

• Members

I am 6', 220 lbs and warm up with 315 on the squat rack. Not super ripped by not fat by any means (33" waist). I wouldn't ridicule a skinny fellow musician because not everyone has the passion or drive to be strong. Just like not everyone has the drive to practice guitar for hours a day. Like others have mentioned, the dedication to diet and training is pretty huge - especially if you're a young ectomorph with a super-fast metabolism.

That's why they make amps and cabs of all sizes, because there are guitarists of all sizes. Or, skinny guitarists with roadies.

• Members

Who complain they're guitar is too heavy or can't lift they're own amp...

explain this to me...:poke:

most of the time they spend is wanking on the guitar and wanking on their junk.

so they only have strong fingers and forearms. wrists are weak from tendinitis or carpal tunnel.

they have friends who do their heavy lifting.

or drummers.

when i was 120 pounds and all of 5'4 i had no problem hauling my markiic short head and my lead guitarists 4x12.

i still dont have a problem moving gear now thta i just sit on my ass and eat.

• Members
I was 6'1" and 150(ish)lbs right up until I was in my mid to late 20s.....28->30" waist and all...sucks when your metabolism slows down...I don't bother weighing myself nao
:cry:

When is the usual time for the metabolism slowing to start? I'm 27 and it's not happening yet, but I know it probably will eventually. I'm definitely going to work my ass off to stay in shape when that happens though. I'm know if I let myself get really overweight I would probably never get myself out of that hole.

• Members
When is the usual time for the metabolism slowing to start? I'm 27 and it's not happening yet, but I know it probably will eventually. I'm definitely going to work my ass off to stay in shape when that happens though. I'm know if I let myself get really overweight I would probably never get myself out of that hole.

This is a damn good question, I feel like mine definitely slowed down a little from high school to the end of college but I feel like I'm on a plateau until everything goes all funhouse on me :facepalm:

I really hate cardio and I'm glad that I have a fast enough metabolism where it is detrimental to building muscles if I run around too much. I guess the key is to suffer for three weeks until cardio become a ritual and you actually look forward to it :facepalm: (god I sound like a future fat guy already) :facepalm::p:facepalm:

• Members

Not flaming or anything but I never understood this test. Seems like it should be a lot harder considering the line of work they are testing for.

At 42 years old I'm in the worst shape of my life and could easily pass it. The endless marching or combat conditions though....probably not.

I'm 5'9", 175lbs, 31" waist. Solid.

I was going to say this too. I could easily do 82 pushups in 2 min and 92 situps in 2 min. I'm not just pulling that out of my ass...I did that many just a few days ago since I started lightly working out again recently. The running...probably not right now since I smoke, but I could with a little training.

• Members

You guys who have these crazy metabolisms are so lucky.

I'm 6'0" 168 lbs at age 17. I have to work out for 2 hours every day, 6 days a week and I hardly eat.

If my metabolism slows down any more, I'm going to end up starving myself.

It's so damn frustrating, but I could bulk up with the snap of my fingers.

Too bad rowers need to be skinny so I can't.

• Members
You guys who have these crazy metabolisms are so lucky.

I'm 6'0" 168 lbs at age 17. I have to work out for 2 hours every day, 6 days a week and I hardly eat.

If my metabolism slows down any more, I'm going to end up starving myself.

It's so damn frustrating, but I could bulk up with the snap of my fingers.

Too bad rowers need to be skinny so I can't.

Starving yourself slows your metabolism and makes it easier to gain weight :facepalm:

Try eating less but eating more frequently (5-6 small meals, more like healthy snacks) to speed up your metabolism

Archived