Skinny guitarists....(1,2,3)

campfirehero

• Members

Haha I kind of have you all beat in the skinnyness department. I'm 6'1 and 125with a 29 or 28 waist. Though I'm only 15 so that could dramatically change in the course of a bout a year. But yeah I can't even lift my 4x12 by myself. I have to get my band mates help me move it everywhere. Luckily it has casters so haha.

Dude...that sounds pretty unhealthy. You definitely need to eat more. I'm skinny. I can't imagine being 40 pounds lighter and the same height.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My friends are in disgust of the amount of food i eat. Hardees 5 times a week. Cook out milkshakes and hushpuppies every other day.. doritos all day. (I eat healthy food in between all this) And i'm 5'10 130lbs. My guitars aren't heavy, but tend to hurt the back of my neck after standing and playing for more than 2 or 3 hours.

best part is i probably have the best blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol levels of anyone on this forum.
:)

Enjoy it while it lasts.

• Members

why not be large and cut
:idk:

as long as you don't look like a roided out goon (which only really happens if you roid out or take diet and exercise too seriously to the point that you are counting every calorie and not going out drinking chasing down skirts
:facepalm:
)
chicks prefer a LOT of beef

fixed :o

...and I'm only reffering to 1 muscle :cop:

• Members

Dude...that sounds pretty unhealthy. You definitely need to eat more. I'm skinny. I can't imagine being 40 pounds lighter and the same height.

Dude I cant eat anymore. I'm probably the fattest skinniest person in the world. I eat alot, but all of it just melts off me.

• Members

+ one million

Seriously, you need to eat more and see a doctor, being that underweight is a serious health risk, I'm not a medical expert but I think at 6'1 you should weigh at least 140 (again I'm no expert and you could have really light bones but still...)

• Members

+ one million

Seriously, you need to eat more and see a doctor, being that underweight is a serious health risk, I'm not a medical expert but I think at 6'1 you should weigh at least 140 (again I'm no expert and you could have really light bones but still...)

:idk:

Last time I went to a doctor really was about a year and a half ago , and I was pretty much the same height and weight if not an inch or two shorter and a couple pounds lighter, and I was okayed as being healthy,

• Members

I'm a skinny guy; I'm 5'10" and I weigh about 150... My metabolism is through the roof; I could eat a quart of ice cream a day and I probably wouldn't gain any weight. I don't look unnaturally skinny; I just look thin (IMO anyway). And I can lift my equipment just fine (even back in the days when I had 100W tube heads and 4x12 cabs).

Anyway who the {censored} cares? You guys sound like a bunch of high school girls, comparing measurements and all :facepalm:

• Members

I'm skinny, pretty damn skinny. 6'0, 160lbs...

I'm skinny because my metabolism is so ridiculously fat, that I could eat everything off the mcdonald's value menu and not gain a SINGLE pound from it...It's very frustrating, since I would like to bulk up a little bit...but I don't want to be fat either. I cannot gain weight to save my life. I could eat the fattiest things created...and my body laughs at it.

I'm sure as I grow older, it'll start to catch up with me. I'm only 23 now.

• Members

I'm skinny, pretty damn skinny. 6'0, 160lbs...

I'm skinny because my metabolism is so ridiculously fat, that I could eat everything off the mcdonald's value menu and not gain a SINGLE pound from it...It's very frustrating, since I would like to bulk up a little bit...but I don't want to be fat either. I cannot gain weight to save my life. I could eat the fattiest things created...and my body laughs at it.

I'm sure as I grow older, it'll start to catch up with me. I'm only 23 now.

I'm exactly the same way.

• Members

To all the skinny guys here.

If you want to add some mass, just up your calories and hit the weights. Forget about the cardio for the most part, unless you want to go on a jog a couple days a week for heart and vascular health.

• Members

Eating a bunch of McDonald's {censored} ain't gonna beef you up! It won't add pounds either 'cuz you're just going to blast it out your anus. Exercise...even just running will add more pounds than McDonald's.

+100000, unless you have a slow metabolism, in which case you'll just become a fat ass. Since I have been exercising (and eating right!)/(lifting+running) the last half a year, I have lost 10 lbs of body fat, and built a ton of muscle (compared to my scrawny ass before). Now I have visible abs, defined arms, in general bigger, more energy, healthier, and happier. I don't know why people don't do it.

• Members

I'm 300 lbs and 4'8".

I wore a black mesa shirt with black pants the other day and my bass player mistook me for an oversized mesa cab.

:badump:

Really, only the real skinny guys reply to these threads. I was 5'7 and 130 in highschool and way too skinny then. I've put on some pounds after age 30 whe my metabolism slowed down. I still eat a ton, but I'm no fattie. Seriously, some of you need to eat a sammich.

• Members

Eating a bunch of McDonald's {censored} ain't gonna beef you up! It won't add pounds either 'cuz you're just going to blast it out your anus. Exercise...even just running will add more pounds than McDonald's.

Wrong. If you are skinny and you start running without adding calories to your diet, what do you think your body is going to burn for fuel? Your muscles. Even lifting weights will make you lose weight if you don't add calories. McDonalds isn't a good diet, but if you are trying to bulk, you will add more with McDonalds than you will by adding nothing.

• Members

Yeah but most bodybuilders are also between 5'8-5'10.

While most pro-bodybuilders state they're are 5'8"+, in reality they are far shorter. No FAR shorter.

Dexter Jackson, Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Silvio Samuel & Jay Cutler are like the world's most muscular jockeys and they all are at least 3" shorter than their stated height. Hugely muscled, but quoting Quincy Taylor (a taller pro) most they are "ankle biters".

Derek

• Members

While most pro-bodybuilders state they're are 5'8"+, in reality they are far shorter. No FAR shorter.

Dexter Jackson, Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Silvio Samuel & Jay Cutler are like the world's most muscular jockeys and they all are at least 3" shorter than their stated height. Hugely muscled, but quoting Quincy Taylor (a taller pro) most they are "ankle biters".

Derek

Wow, I did not know that. Thanks.

• Members

FWIW, I've done a strictly cardio routine for months (ROTC workouts were pretty much nothing but running), a strictly weightlifting routine for months, and no major physical activity for months. My weight never fluctuated more than 4 pounds during any of these routines. I'm just an ectomorph.

Archived