South Carolina Amp Fest!!!

boatshoes

• Members

hells yeah. is the list of amps current on the first page? it looked pretty long when i last viewed it, so i may leave my old blockletter at home, and just bring my guitar and a boost.... the jam room is fairly small, but there are a couple rooms as well to split things up a little....

yea...that is the list of amps that are coming. I don't know if Keiffer is bringing all of his. Someone else had quite a bit of amps they listed too. I was kind of hoping you could bring the 5150 so I could A/B with my 6505+...I know it is kind of going against what I was saying in the OP but I still haven't played them side by side.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yea...that is the list of amps that are coming. I don't know if Keiffer is bringing all of his. Someone else had quite a bit of amps they listed too. I was kind of hoping you could bring the 5150 so I could A/B with my 6505+...I know it is kind of going against what I was saying in the OP but I still haven't played them side by side.

oh it's no problem, i just didn't want to have multiples and {censored}. i'll bring it so you can check it out. my second guitar player in our band uses the 5150II, and the other guy uses a boosted 6505 like i use my blockletter.

• Members
I guess I really am getting old, I'd rather play with maps than see strippers...
:cry:

But strippers on TOP of the amps while playing them. Thats what I'm talkin' about!

Just kidding, actually, I'm not into strippers either, not that there's anything wrong with that! :cop:

• Members

Damn!
Just saw this. If I'd seen it earlier I probably could have made it. :facepalm:
Maybe next time. :idk:

I'd have brought my Rivera Venus 6 and Reinhardt SV 18. For anyone into the blues/rock thang...

You guys have a great time, and post up some jams afterward...

• Members

Haven't checked the earlier pages in a while ~ what's the expected setup for cabs?

I've been running my Trace Elliot through a 2x12 w/ Greenbacks and my Studiotone through a 1x12 w/ a V30 (both cabs are closed-back). I'm assuming similar cabs will be available, so that I just need to bring the heads? :idk:

Chris

• Members

there are 4 to 5 cabs.

i imagine we could maybe fit 3-4 more comfortable but no more.

i'll throw my 212 in the trunk. worst case scenario i'll just leave it there, but if anybody wants to try eminence red, white, and blues (wish they had a shorter name) i'll have em with me

• Members

List of Guitar Heads and Cabinets at the Studio (please note, if you have one of the same amplifiers please do not bring it unless it has been modified so we can do a A/B test against the two):

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier

Marshall JCM 800 w/ gain mod

Orange AD140

Marshall Jubilee

Marshall JMP 50 watt

Krank Revolution

Fender Princeton

Fender Super Reverb

Fender Bassman

Fender Tremolux

Fender Deluxe Brown

Ampeg SVT Head

Soldano Hot Rod 50

Musicman

• Members

Sorry for the last minute punch out, my wife has come down with some nasty crud and I'm not leaving here alone to deal with my 3 year old and six year old, so I'm going to have to bow out on this trip.

Have a great time, and don't forget the Exedrin! Gonna be some serious ear pummeling down there in Columbia Saturday!

Cheers,

Paul

• Members

also I do not know if you guys would be interested, but Jay suggested we create a "score card" for the amps that would enable all each of us to personally grade the amps in several different categories so you could bring home a simple review of each amp. it would most likely be on a number scale...

so for example

Some of categories could be:

Amount of Gain

Clarity

Level of Noisiness

etc.

you get the point. I think it could be useful for feature reference for purchases as well as informing others your own personal opinions. if you don't want to partake in this it is no big deal.

• Members

I'll tell my wife to suck it up and deal with it. NOT!

if you have nothing to contribute to the thread don't post it. out of all the people attending, you have been the most immature in regards to your posts related to the amp fest. if you are not going to attend, fine. but don't give someone your word and back out last minute while making comments of "strippers and getting trashed" at this event previously. as a amp builder you haven't handled yourself that profesionally. hope your wife gets well. take care.

• Members

also I do not know if you guys would be interested, but Jay suggested we create a "score card" for the amps that would enable all each of us to personally grade the amps in several different categories so you could bring home a simple review of each amp. it would most likely be on a number scale...

so for example

Some of categories could be:

Amount of Gain

Clarity

Level of Noisiness

etc.

you get the point. I think it could be useful for feature reference for purchases as well as informing others your own personal opinions. if you don't want to partake in this it is no big deal.

That's a fantastic idea. I'm anxious to see the results.

Archived