South Carolina Amp Fest!!!

boatshoes

• Members

Why hasnt this been stickied yet? Looks like we got about a half dozen people already saying they are up for this. I can bring my Ashdown FA60. :love: Let you guys put it to the test. I sure as hell dont have the talent to.

Probably should spend less time on here, and more time with my guitar in my hands... :rolleyes:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
wouldn't drive a hour and a half to see and play some awesome maps! you are lazy. come on...the more the merrier.

Well, Charleston is, I think, I bit more than an hour and half for some of us... :p ... so, wuss-style, I'd prefer centrally located, too. :idk: Cola would work; Greenville'd be great ... actually in S'burg would be :love:, lol...

• Members

well...I am in Charleston. It takes me a hour and a half to Columbia. It takes me about 4 hours to Greenville and about 3 1/2 to Spartanburg...Everything in South Carolina is under a 4 hour drive. If you want to do it in Columbia then start looking for locations. Lets stop talking and lets start planning!

• Members

the thread has now been "stickied"...so lets get this thing going. It seems like the best turn out would be in Columbia. So I say we pick a Saturday in Columbia to do the amp fest. Preferably July or the first week of August. I have two family reunions to attend in June.

• Members

There is, currently one weekend in July and one weekend in August that I can't do. July 18 is out for me unless it's local to me, as I've got a show, and I think the first weekend in August I can't. Unless you guys want to come visit me in Tybee Island :love: Don't hold me to that, though, I have to double check the dates on that one.

• Members

bring the cobra and deliverance! is this going to be the first SC map fest?

i think it is the first. i'll look around and try to find a gathering spot here in cola. unfortunately my bands rehearsal spot is too small, or i would do it there.

• Members
are there any bars that typically host bands, that would be open for a daytime event?

if so it would be awesome if someone had a drummer that could show up to jam as well...i'm sure most bars who are used to the noise would love the business

New Brookland Tavern? if they don't have a show going on there? :idk:
I've been there before during the day and there is NOBODY there.

• Members

I also emailed two recording studios to ask if we could use there facilities if they were not busy...its a long shot but who knows. If they are as big of gear heads as we are they would say yes.

This is what it said...

Hello,

My name is Brandon. I have a very unusual request of your studio. I am a member of a online music forum called Harmony Central. The forum is a online community for musicians, particularly guitarists, who are interested in recording, equipment, and songwriting. Well, several of the members are from South Carolina and have decided to meet up to "jam" and put there personal music equipment on display for everyone to try out. We are looking for a location to do this. Some of the gear we will be bringing is

Amps: Framus Cobra, VHT Deliverance 120, Peavey 6505+, Titan Amplification Head (new boutique hi-gain heads), Marshall JVM, Peavey 5150, Ashdown FA60, Mesa Boogie Mark IV, and maybe some others

Cabs: various cabs, probably not too many since we do not need to bring one for every head

Guitars: various

Pedals: various

There is going to be roughly 8-10 people. Do you think in anyway you could host this event and work something out with us? Let us know. I think it would be fun. People from Conway/Myrtle Beach to Charleston will be coming and even Greenville. Let me know!

the studios I emailed were "The Jam Room" and "Strawberry Skys" I believe

• Members

I also emailed two recording studios to ask if we could use there facilities if they were not busy...its a long shot but who knows. If they are as big of gear heads as we are they would say yes.

This is what it said...

Hello,

My name is Brandon. I have a very unusual request of your studio. I am a member of a online music forum called Harmony Central. The forum is a online community for musicians, particularly guitarists, who are interested in recording, equipment, and songwriting. Well, several of the members are from South Carolina and have decided to meet up to "jam" and put there personal music equipment on display for everyone to try out. We are looking for a location to do this. Some of the gear we will be bringing is

Amps: Framus Cobra, VHT Deliverance 120, Peavey 6505+, Titan Amplification Head (new boutique hi-gain heads), Marshall JVM, Peavey 5150, Ashdown FA60, Mesa Boogie Mark IV, and maybe some others

Cabs: various cabs, probably not too many since we do not need to bring one for every head

Guitars: various

Pedals: various

There is going to be roughly 8-10 people. Do you think in anyway you could host this event and work something out with us? Let us know. I think it would be fun. People from Conway/Myrtle Beach to Charleston will be coming and even Greenville. Let me know!

the studios I emailed were "The Jam Room" and "Strawberry Skys" I believe

The guys at The Jam Room are pretty cool and might be accommodating. Of all the studios in the area they are the most community oriented bunch.

• Members
The guys at The Jam Room are pretty cool and might be accommodating. Of all the studios in the area they are the most community oriented bunch.

if you know them can you contact them as well? it would help if a stranger wasn't sending them messages. :wave:

• Members

Hey Brandon,
We're big time amp geeks here so thats an interesting offer.We could block the studio out for a day and have quite a few heads and cabs siting around.Do you have a date that you were looking at?I guess we should talk details on the phone at some point and see if it would be beneficial for everyone to do it here.
thanks,
Jay Matheson

The Jam Room
201 S Prospect st.
Columbia SC 29205
803 787 6908
www.jamroomstudio.com

• Members

here is a list of there gear...this will be fun.

Guitar and Bass Amps

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier

Marshall JCM 800 w/ gain mod

Orange AD140

Marshall Jubilee

Marshall JMP 50 watt

Krank Revolution

Fender Princeton

Fender Super Reverb

Fender Bassman

Fender Tremolux

Fender Deluxe Brown