South Carolina Amp Fest!!!

boatshoes

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i can bring an avatar 2x12 or two as well...i have one loaded with WGS V30s and i can get one that has a V30/H30 combo.

i can bring a couple guitars with me too, if it would help...i have a jackson DKMGT w/ EMG85/85 @ 18V tuned to drop B and an old ass charvel with duncan '59/JB4. i think it's tuned close to standard:idk:

let me know what to bring, and i'll try to bring it. i might also be able to bring a guest/drummer, but i'm not certain on that.

• Members

wow, i've been gone for a couple days. jay at the jam room said do it there huh? cool. i've recorded there a couple times. what's the date again? sorry been out of the loop. dude he has a snakeskin slo, and a jubilee there. and one of muy old marshall cabs:cry:

• Members

wow, i've been gone for a couple days. jay at the jam room said do it there huh? cool. i've recorded there a couple times. what's the date again? sorry been out of the loop. dude he has a snakeskin slo, and a jubilee there. and one of muy old marshall cabs:cry:

I hit Dan up (Hollowmass) to see if he was coming, but I'm waiting for a reply.

• Members

Well, scratch the JVM off the list right now. After taking it off standby, I noticed a loud hum and looked at the back of the amp: the 3rd powertube started red-plating. Before I could turn it off, the amp fizzed out.

Back to the tech it goes .... Those powertubes were just 5 months old :mad:

• Members

Im interested in this ampfest but having never been to one before, what exactly goes on at one? just like a big jam with a bunch of people and awesome amps?

this is my first one also and i am organizing it. basically, a bunch of people meet up and bring there equipment. we all jam for awhile and show our gear off and give people a chance to check out amps they have never had the chance to see or hear in person before. however, this amp fest is a bit different. we are going to have the ability to record tracks of the amps and hear how they sound in a recorded setting as well. it is going to be a lot of fun. there could be room for one more. i plan to give the jay at the jam room studios a call around wednesday this week to continue organizing the event.

• Members

I would like to start collecting the money soon so I can get this event going. There are several ways we can do this. Paypal, personal check, cash, money orders.

Whatever y'all are comfortable with is fine. Let me know. I can collect the money and send it out to the Jam Room myself or maybe we can make a direct payment to them. I will post tomorrow and let you know what they suggest as well after I speak with them.

It is $25 a person (food, drink, rental space, and recording possibly).

• Members

I would like to start collecting the money soon so I can get this event going. There are several ways we can do this. Paypal, personal check, cash, money orders.

Whatever y'all are comfortable with is fine. Let me know. I can collect the money and send it out to the Jam Room myself or maybe we can make a direct payment to them. I will post tomorrow and let you know what they suggest as well after I speak with them.

It is $25 a person (food, drink, rental space, and recording possibly).

just let me know what works for you. i can drop mine off to jay as well.......

• Members

I hit Dan up (Hollowmass) to see if he was coming, but I'm waiting for a reply.

dude tell dan to come. he knows me. i just talked to to jay at the jam room, an it'll be fine to bring the money with you. the 18th is still cool as well, and we'll order pizza and have drinks as well. there is a store right next to the studio to get beer at too. he's got a decent idea for recording a couple/ few tracks, and di'ing them, and re- amping from the control room as well so that everyone has a chance to listen to all the amps, and he'll burn us some cd's of the recordings.... pretty cool. i just looked at the list, and probably won't bring my head, just a guitar and a boost lol. pretty decent amp list.

• Members

What is the current lineup of amps to be demo'd at this fest? I'm still working on getting there. Summer NAMM is the same weekend, but I'm not exhibiting there, I was just going to attend.

look at the first post on the first page. one or two other forumites are coming that i forgot to add on the list.

• Members

look at the first post on the first page. one or two other forumites are coming that i forgot to add on the list.

Sounds like this is a largely metal turnout. I love high gain as much as the next fella, but my amps aren't what I'd call "high gain" in the context of most of these amps I'm seeing listed for this fest (the OD channel on the Junebug is high gain, but still not like a triple rec!).

Do you guys want to check out my milder rides?

Give me a vote!

Thanks,

Paul

• Members

dude tell dan to come. he knows me. i just talked to to jay at the jam room, an it'll be fine to bring the money with you. the 18th is still cool as well, and we'll order pizza and have drinks as well. there is a store right next to the studio to get beer at too. he's got a decent idea for recording a couple/ few tracks, and di'ing them, and re- amping from the control room as well so that everyone has a chance to listen to all the amps, and he'll burn us some cd's of the recordings.... pretty cool. i just looked at the list, and probably won't bring my head, just a guitar and a boost lol. pretty decent amp list.

yeah, he's coming and bringing the SIG X; We're both looking forward to it. I'm checking w/ my other friend today to make sure he's coming too. Schweet.

Archived