South Carolina Amp Fest!!!

boatshoes

• Members

Sounds like this is a largely metal turnout. I love high gain as much as the next fella, but my amps aren't what I'd call "high gain" in the context of most of these amps I'm seeing listed for this fest (the OD channel on the Junebug is high gain, but still not like a triple rec!).

Do you guys want to check out my milder rides?

Give me a vote!

Thanks,

Paul

I'm not too into the high gain thing, but it is a great chance to hear what different amps and pedals can do; you'll have fun.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds like this is a largely metal turnout. I love high gain as much as the next fella, but my amps aren't what I'd call "high gain" in the context of most of these amps I'm seeing listed for this fest (the OD channel on the Junebug is high gain, but still not like a triple rec!).

Do you guys want to check out my milder rides?

Give me a vote!

Thanks,

Paul

sure man. we'll have a chance to record a couple different stlye clips, but yeah most of the amps are brootz amps.

• Members

My JVM is still in the shop. I highly doubt they'll magically get it ready by next weekend; so, don't count on it being there.

As for having mostly hi-gainers and thinking twice on bringing "non-Br00tz" amps to the mix, DON'T THINK TWICE! Just bring 'em :) And besides, just because they're hi-gain doesn't mean they're meant to be played brutally.

• Members

i think scott dh is going to make a couple of basic drum clips to wank over, so i don't think a drummer will be neccesary, the jam rooms kinda small, and there will be alot of us, with amps....

3 tracks of drums ready - all very basic, about a minute long apiece, no fills. Styles range from straight rock at about 110 bpm up into the metal territory with double kicks galore at around 200 bpm. Will probably work up one more, so if anyone has a preference, let me know.

• Members

3 tracks of drums ready - all very basic, about a minute long apiece, no fills. Styles range from straight rock at about 110 bpm up into the metal territory with double kicks galore at around 200 bpm. Will probably work up one more, so if anyone has a preference, let me know.

could you post them so we could go ahead and work on them if we wanted to play a riff?

• Members

I'm planning on bring my pedal board (I've got a couple pedals people may dig, nothing boutique, but all useful) and my Carvin CT6 for those that want to try one.

hell yeah. i haven't tried more than a few, but every carvin i've played had a nice neck.

• Members

hell yeah. i haven't tried more than a few, but every carvin i've played had a nice neck.

I honestly think anyone that plays it will like it; it is the best made guitar I've ever had and sounds and plays great. Perfect scale length for my hands and I can almost use my thumb to fret with.

• Members
I'm planning on bring my pedal board (I've got a couple pedals people may dig, nothing boutique, but all useful) and my Carvin CT6 for those that want to try one.

I've been debating whether or not to bring my board, but now I may have to... :D

:thu:

• Members

Okay...I'm 24 hours early...here are my 4 super-generic drum tracks. I'll bring the bpm's with me so Jay can sync them with his pro tools rig if he wants to. Each of these fade at the end, so it should be fairly apparent when you need to wind up whatever riff you're cranking.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f41333cd1e4e772d956df2962098fcbf3d86aa62826f5825be6ba49b5870170

• Members
I'm keeping my eye on this. I'm all around the Athens/Atlanta area, and I'd love to make this if I can. My rhythm guitarist also is looking for an amp (he posted here asking a month ago), and I think it'd be great for him to see, hear, and play some different amps if he can make it.

I'll bring the JVM if no one who's committed to going is bringing one.

Hey dude! :wave: I'm also Atlanta/Athens area, what band are you in?

• Members

Hey dude!
:wave:
I'm also Atlanta/Athens area, what band are you in?

:wave:

Velvet Runway. We're just an itty bitty 80's cover band (though we're playing a LOT more 70's rock nowadays) that plays the local bars in Athens. August will be our 3rd year running :cop:

• Members
That's pretty cool. I've thought of doing something similar but I never got it together. When I turn 21 I'll come out and see you guys sometime
:)

Hey, you might not have to be 21 :cop:

We're playing a Georgia Theater benefit show at Tasty World sometime in late August, and I think that place is 18+.

Usually though, the bars we play are 21+, but J.R.'s Baitshack lets us put 18+ people on a list - I can put you on it if you're ever interested.

Also, we headlined a show at the 40 Watt where 3 Metal bands were on the bill (well .. I take that back .. two were metalcore, I think), and I swear some of the kids in those bands were fresh into highschool. So, you never know when our paths may cross on stage :cop:

Archived