South Carolina Amp Fest!!!

boatshoes

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

jam room is right around the corner from my place. i can go by there to talk with jay if we need.

yea i have gotten some good responses from him so far. go talk to him though and help me coordinate since you are closer to him. do you think he will charge us for using his studio and space?

• Members

Would you guys welcome an Atlanta based builder, Nolatone Ampworks? I could bring one each of my 3 models:

22 Tango (LOUD 6V6 22 watter)
CL-15 Chimey Limey (sweet EL84 AC15 killer)
Junebug (Not JUST another 5 watter with a monster overdrive channel!)

Sounds like a great excuse for a road trip!

• Members

Would you guys welcome an Atlanta based builder, Nolatone Ampworks? I could bring one each of my 3 models:

22 Tango (LOUD 6V6 22 watter)

CL-15 Chimey Limey (sweet EL84 AC15 killer)

Junebug (Not JUST another 5 watter with a monster overdrive channel!)

Sounds like a great excuse for a road trip!

the more the better!

since it is a one day event, how does julyth 11 or 12th sound?

or the next weekend of the july 18th or 19th?

please pm me with preferences and rsvp. thanks. if both works for you let me know, too. i can do any of those. since i know pioneerprogress has a gig the 18th...i say we do it the 11th or 12th so he can come.

• Members

The "Jam Room" said the 11th and 12th of July is booked. However, the following weekend of the 18th and 19th is open...sorry to tell you that pioneerprogress. Should I go ahead and jump on that opening? Need to hear some feedback from you guys.

• Members

Also, we could do it at Strawberry Skys Studio in Columbia. The owner contacted me and asked me what dates are appropriate and I told him July 11/12 or July 18/19. I am waiting to hear a reply back from him.

Here are the websites for both studios.

http://www.strawberryskys.com/html/about.html

http://www.jamroomstudio.com/

I am kind of leaning towards the Jam Room though...and I would hate to back out of it with them since they were so enthusiastic and responded so quickly. Also, they have a broader selection of amps in there studio as well which they would allow us to play, too.

• Members

It's not a late show...and we are the ones who are setting it up, so I'll probably have to be @ the venue around 4...so unfortunately, kinda unlikely.

I apologize. I wish you could come. Unfortunately, I can not go any weekend besides those two since I have family reunions and have to prepare to leave for Texas for school. I am sure we can plan another for another date.

• Members
I apologize. I wish you could come. Unfortunately, I can not go any weekend besides those two since I have family reunions and have to prepare to leave for Texas for school. I am sure we can plan another for another date.

no problem. Nobody probably wants to play my Peavey Wenzorz anyway :bor:

• Members
no problem. Nobody probably wants to play my Peavey Wenzorz anyway
:bor:

I am excited for the Uber and Framus Cobra that could be coming...nobody wants to play my 6505+ either since everyone under the sun has one. Well maybe someone does. :)

• Members
I am excited for the Uber and Framus Cobra that could be coming...nobody wants to play my 6505+ either since everyone under the sun has one. Well maybe someone does.
:)

:wave:

... If I get to go :cry: The girlfriend is wanting a beach trip - I'm trying my damnedest to steer her away from that weekend :mad:

• Members

I just talked to the "Jam Room" on the phone. They are excited for the event. Just to let you know, since they are taking up studio time for us there will be a small fee. The more people that come, the cheaper it is. The guy gave me a estimate quote today and said for 8 hours of studio time they would make us pay roughly $200-$250 total ($20 to $25 bucks if we get 10 people). This is not unreasonable in my opinion at all. Plus, they have tons of amps for us to use to. Just look in the last page of the thread for the list I believe (Modded Marshall, Mesa, Orange, Fender, Krank, etc.). Keep in touch guys!

Archived