South Carolina Amp Fest!!!

boatshoes

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

scott, if nolatone is going to come with his amp can you provide a track better suited for possibly blues...something for some good old clean tones. if you don't have time don't worry about it.

I'll work on it tomorrow evening...something a little slower with some swing...

• Members

I think you guys would enjoy hearing the Nolatone stuff if Paul decides to bring it. As he said, his amps are not the brootz but they are ballsy as all hell and sound fantastic. I played his "Junebug" amp today and was very impressed. Solid cleans all the way to a Billy Gibbons tweed flavored grind. Not brutal but its not exactly what I would call polite. It friggin sings. I think the classic rockers in the crowd would love it.

I sound like a commercial now so I'll shut up. Hears a clip of the Junebug with the guitar plugged straight to the amp. Hopefully Paul will show up and you can hear it in person.

[YOUTUBE]Wjq3jADFvOk[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

that's {censored}ing awesome...amp sounds great and the guy playing reminds me of Gary Moore when he's not trying to play every note on the neck.

That's Nicky Moroch. He's just a monster player. How's this for the "other crowd", but he's David Sanborn's guitar player. He plays everything though.

• Members

hey, i've been out of town and haven't been able to keep up w/ this thread. as i said before, i've got a carvin v3 i could bring, but also just recently picked up a lopo 2x12 w/ eminence red white and blues speakers. the jam room is also a 5 minute walk from my house, so i can bring cash w/ me if thats cool.

• Members
hey, i've been out of town and haven't been able to keep up w/ this thread. as i said before, i've got a carvin v3 i could bring, but also just recently picked up a lopo 2x12 w/ eminence red white and blues speakers. the jam room is also a 5 minute walk from my house, so i can bring cash w/ me if thats cool.

so, if we all get too trashed at the fest, we can crash at your house, right?? :lol:

• Members

3 people here, Uber/Legacy, Sig X, and Peavey XXL. coming.

Carvin CT6, Digitech Expression Factory, old Tubescreamer (stock), 1st run Tube King (stock), Krank Distortus Maximus, and ass. pedals on my board. We'll pay at the door. I'm "amped" up over this....baby.

• Members

3 people here, Uber/Legacy, Sig X, and Peavey XXL. coming.

Carvin CT6, Digitech Expression Factory, old Tubescreamer (stock), 1st run Tube King (stock), Krank Distortus Maximus, and ass. pedals on my board. We'll pay at the door. I'm "amped" up over this....baby.

remember what i said about guests...and I don't think anyone will have any interest in a XXL...no offense. You told me you were going to bring one guest with a VHT Sig X...I honestly do not think we are going to have much room for anymore.

• Members
remember what i said about guests...and I don't think anyone will have any interest in a XXL...no offense. You told me you were going to bring one guest with a VHT Sig X...I honestly do not think we are going to have much room for anymore.

pmd.:cry:

• Members

To everyone: please no more "can I bring a friend" requests. It is not that I do not want your friends to attend (I hate saying no), but I feel like we are really pushing it when it comes to space. Those that I said you can bring a friend earlier may ONLY BRING ONE GUEST AND NO MORE.

I have never been to the "Jam Room" but from what Jay has told me he already is concerned with the amount of people coming. So please respect this request and everything else I have written in the first post of this thread. Please re-read that again if you have any questions about the guidelines for the event and how much gear/what gear to bring. Thanks.

I promise you guys this will be a good time. Also, a reminder, if I did say your friends could come (those who contacted me early about it and I said it was alright) remember they are responsible for the $25 fee to regardless if they bring gear or not. The fee pays for studio time/space/recording/food and drinks. This applies to everyone.

• Members
To everyone: please no more "can I bring a friend" requests. It is not that I do not want your friends to attend (I hate saying no), but I feel like we are really pushing it when it comes to space. Those that I said you can bring a friend earlier may ONLY BRING ONE GUEST AND NO MORE.

I have never been to the "Jam Room" but from what Jay has told me he already is concerned with the amount of people coming. So please respect this request and everything else I have written in the first post of this thread. Please re-read that again if you have any questions about the guidelines for the event and how much gear/what gear to bring. Thanks.

I promise you guys this will be a good time. Also, a reminder, if I did say your friends could come (those who contacted me early about it and I said it was alright) remember they are responsible for the $25 fee to regardless if they bring gear or not. The fee pays for studio time/space/recording/food and drinks. This applies to everyone.

If there's any money left over, can we get a stripper?? :lol:

• Members

I will post this in the first post when the information is official.

As of now, it looks like the amp fest will start around 11:30 am.

Try to arrive on time so we can help everyone carry in their gear and set up the place. The event will go on until about 7:00-8:00 pm. Afterward, Jay suggested we all go out to get dinner/drinks. I will be going out to Five Points in Columbia that night myself.

The recording is going to take place later in the afternoon most likely around 3:00-4:00 pm. This will give us plenty of time to track all the amps we can and burn a CD for all the people who attended.

We are also going to set up a "jam room" for demoing, discussing, and general hang out for those interested in playing the amps during the recording session as well.

I think this about covers everything. O and nolatone will provide a free strip show during lunch. It might get weird.

• Members

Schedule for the event is as follows:

Arrival: 11:30 am (set up/meet and greet)

Lunch: 12:30-1:00 pm

Free time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm (Amp demos, jamming, general hang out and discussion)

Recording: 4:00 - 7:00 pm (this gives an hour or so for the CD's to be burned/edited if need be for any reason)

After Party: 8:00 pm (dinner or drinks after the Amp Fest! Anyone who wants to come downtown is invited)

and again...reread the original first post if anyone has any questions regarding the event. most all information will be covered there.

• Members

pmd.
:cry:

Hold the phone, John. Two of your friends can go.

Reason is: I won't be able to make it, nor will my friend (other guitarist in my band) be able to either. The reason I can't make it is because I just got back from a trip to Panama City Beach, and I went horribly over budget. I wound up having to buy waayyyyyy more gas than anticipated, and I'm having to divvy up funds for "damages" to our hotel room :facepalm: As such, I'm having to put a lock on my wallet until I get paid at the end of the month :facepalm:

As for my friend, he called me two days ago to say he's going on a roadtrip out to California on the 19th and that he needs the 18th to make sure everything's ready to go for it. I especially wanted him to go as he's looking for a new amp, but there that goes.

Sorry I couldn't get this message out there sooner - I had no internet at PCB (nor my apartment yet), and I had to wait to get to work today before I could post this.

(smu, I tried sending you a PM to point you to this post, but your inbox is flooded)

• Members
Hold the phone, John. Two of your friends can go.

Reason is: I won't be able to make it, nor will my friend (other guitarist in my band) be able to either. The reason I can't make it is because I just got back from a trip to Panama City Beach, and I went horribly over budget. I wound up having to buy waayyyyyy more gas than anticipated, and I'm having to divvy up funds for "damages" to our hotel room
:facepalm:
As such, I'm having to put a lock on my wallet until I get paid at the end of the month
:facepalm:

As for my friend, he called me two days ago to say he's going on a roadtrip out to California on the 19th and that he needs the 18th to make sure everything's ready to go for it. I especially wanted him to go as he's looking for a new amp, but there that goes.

Sorry I couldn't get this message out there sooner - I had no internet at PCB (nor my apartment yet), and I had to wait to get to work today before I could post this.

(smu, I tried sending you a PM to point you to this post, but your inbox is flooded)

Thanks for letting me know. Sorry you can't make it. Next year!

• Members

3 days...

hells yeah. is the list of amps current on the first page? it looked pretty long when i last viewed it, so i may leave my old blockletter at home, and just bring my guitar and a boost.... the jam room is fairly small, but there are a couple rooms as well to split things up a little....

Archived