to the ones that remove the nameplates from your amps...

hcprimerib

• Members

i took the mesa plates off my amp. they don't pay me to advertise their product, so i don't. besides.. who gives a {censored} about the status game that big logos, lights, brite tread... all that crap feeds into?

i dunno.. i dont have big logos on my truck, or my hammer.. they're tools.

• Members

I might be a dick and spray paint the marshall logo on my superbass lime green.

naawwwww... y'know, on most amps, i wouldn't care... but that one?!

i guess it doesn't matter.. but man, that would kinda be like spraypainting a classic car or something.. :( or a lime green tux with tails and a top hat... kinda funny, but also kinda a bummer...

• Members

Some people feel that they should get paid to "endorse" the manufacturer. I know of one early 80's band that approached Yamaha for a full sced drum deal. When it didn't happen they appeared on the Junos with black tape artistically arranged on the BD skin to read "Yo Mama".

• Members

Personally I'm sick of being bombarded with logos and advertisements every single place I look.

Its nice to go into my band room and just see tools for making music rather than more logos and advertisement, and it has nothing to do with the gear I own(ed). I've covered or pulled logos off all of the following brands:

Schecter

Bugera

LTD

Fender

Marshall

Line 6

Framus

VHT

Randall

ESP

Edwards

Ibanez

Its more about disengaging oneself from symbols of status, regardless of what status it gives.

I'd prefer people listened with their ears more than their eyes, and delogoing {censored} like that somewhat forces that.

I've done things like that since I was a kid, but only in the past couple years did it start to make sense as to why.

Also Pete where are you having badges made?

I have a cool idea I wanted to do for my band and I don't where to go for such things.

• Members

naawwwww... y'know, on most amps, i wouldn't care... but that one?!

i guess it doesn't matter.. but man, that would kinda be like spraypainting a classic car or something..
:(
or a lime green tux with tails and a top hat... kinda funny, but also kinda a bummer...

Thats kind of my totally dick reason for doing it to be honest :lol:

I'd buy a replacement one off ebay and spray that anyway and save the original

• Members
For you guys who don't want to "advertise", do you take logos off your guitars, or cars, or anything else you own??

I personally don't care, nor do I think about it at all, so they stay on.

Same here, except for those awful 80s-90s peavey logos. Though i don't care enough to take them off I understand if you would.

• Members

For you guys who don't want to "advertise", do you take logos off your guitars, or cars, or anything else you own??

I personally don't care, nor do I think about it at all, so they stay on.

actually... i kinda do.. but more than that, i just buy stuff that's pretty plain. not like i'm taking a beltsander to the heastock of my gibson or anything... but mesa boogie had some BIG plates on their amps and cabinets!

not sure i'm gonna do much with a big shaggy 'Z' though! :lol::thu: i'll be way too into listening!

• Members

...except for those awful 80s-90s peavey logos.

To each his own, I like that logo. Way better looking than the current one. In fact, their old maps (the ones with those distinctive vertical chrome plates on the baffle board) looked way better than the new ones with those ugly plastic round logos. You could instantly recognise a Peavey.

Diezel's logo on the other hand... :facepalm: And those atrocious boutique amp logos like Tophat, Badcat and the ones with cheap silk-screened metal plates that all look the same.

Archived