to the ones that remove the nameplates from your amps...

hcprimerib

• Members

To each his own, I like that logo.

Diezel's logo on the other hand...
:facepalm:

Waitwaitwaitwait.....The hideously jagged Peavey logo gets a pass, but the remarkably similar Diezel logo gets a facepalm?

Sorry, dude...but those logos are equal amounts of ugly and it's even the same style.

• Members

No. Peavey's logo has that oldschool hard-rock, leather, chains and spikes vibe in it. Sure its corny and camp but that's the main appeal. Also, it's original.

peavey.jpg

peavey%20artist2.jpg

Kinda like Vox with its diamond grille and all, and Marshall with that distinctive head cab, slanted speaker and signature logo, Peavey managed to create their own style. IMO, they should have stick with it.

Diezel's logo, on the other hand, tries to achieve the same thing but it looks more like an amateurish graffiti.

IMG_4207.JPG

• Members

No. Peavey's logo has that oldschool hard-rock, leather, chains and spikes vibe in it.
Sure its corny and camp but that's the main appeal.

Diezel's logo, on the other hand, tries to achieve the same thing but it looks more like an amateurish graffiti.

You're making excuses. To each his own, though. If you like the oldschool Peavey logo, then that certainly doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm just saying that both logos look ridiculous, if you evaluate them solely on their aesthetic merits. Sure, the Diezel looks like some sort of pseudo-urban graffiti tag that was designed by a bunch of white dudes in lab coats to market Abercrombie's new "Urban Youth" line, but the Peavey logo looks like something an 8th grader carved into his desk in detention in a lame attempt at making his band's logo look more like Dokken.

• Members

For you guys who don't want to "advertise", do you take logos off your guitars, or cars, or anything else you own??

I personally don't care, nor do I think about it at all, so they stay on.

Yes, I have taken all the logos off the back of my car. Not because I don't want to advertise though...I just like the clean look.

Archived