Any REM fans

musk

• Members

I met Buck, Berry, & Mills in 1985 when I worked the local crew on their Fables tour. All three seemed like cool guys. Stipe was a douchebag. Wouldn't talk to anyone before the show, but once he got on-stage he wouldn't shut up about his political views.

Their first four albums were excellent. After that, still good but not my cuppa.

• Members

I met Buck, Berry, & Mills in 1985 when I worked the local crew on their Fables tour. All three seemed like cool guys. Stipe was a douchebag. Wouldn't talk to anyone before the show, but once he got on-stage he wouldn't shut up about his political views.

Their first four albums were excellent. After that, still good but not my cuppa.

I think Michael was really shy for a long long time. I'm not sure how talkative I'd be before a relatively large gig.

• Members

i'd like them much more without michael stipe. like his voice-- but god, does he prattle on. some people's worldviews... just not for me. he's one of them, right alongside morrissey.

I didn't have a problem with his content, some of which I agree with, but with his context. At the Fables appearance in 1985, the crowd started getting restless after about three minutes of his political musings. Stipe got pissed and said something to the effect of "I guess you don't care about that stuff, you just want to rock out." *crowd goes wild*

He mumbled through two more songs and that was it. Shorted what was supposed to be a 90 minute set, no encore.

This was a small-town audience that got one, maybe two decent rock concerts a year. Nobody, not even the most politically active people there were interested in a political speech.

Archived