NAD: the extremely flexible Matamp Little Rock

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a nice way of letting us know you have little bitch amps.

hee hee...

my little two knob amp has some brass balls, if i may be so bold.

i like to refer to the first knob as the 'DIE' knob, which is usually full bore, and the 'MOTHER/{censored}ER' knob, which stays at noon, for equal amounts of both.

wattage... pfft... who needs watts when you have DIE MOTHER/{censored}ER on your side?

• Members
hee hee...

my little two knob amp has some brass balls, if i may be so bold.

i like to refer to the first knob as the 'DIE' knob, which is usually full bore, and the 'MOTHER/{censored}ER' knob, which stays at noon, for equal amounts of both.

wattage... pfft... who needs watts when you have DIE MOTHER/{censored}ER on your side?

:D :D

Good points all around :lol:

• Members

i always wondered if 5 way voicing switches made much of a difference in terms of clarity versus a pot..

hrm. i'm always curious about matamps 'cause they're so rare-- but all the stoner dudes amps sound so... well.. i'm not a fan of that blatty fuzz sound they seem to make. but i'm sure they can be cleaned up. post up clips!

voicing switches often change capacitors or caps+resistors to work at different frequencies. pots can only change resistance and only work at one frequency... so as far as changing voice, no, a pot typically can't do it as effectively.

• Members

Maybe he wants to RECORD with it, too?
:idk:

Thank you. :wave:

See....a use for smaller quality maps.

I've tried the Blackheart, Gibson GA-5, Minimat, Champion 600....and they just weren't my thing.

Easy to get along with a larger amp IMO....more flexible. The Little Rock responds like a big amp (flexible), but doesn't have all that volume.

• Members

record? pfft..

it's another flavor, sure, but it's not as if going to a proper studio even with a 100watter is going to be any MORE difficult to record for any engineer worth his salt. it's convenient at home, if you get the tones you want, and it's quieter, for sure-- but you don't NEED a small watter for recording by any stretch.

Archived