Recommend me a pair of single coils for my strat

Boris the Blade

• Members

i have a mij fender strat that has a stock dimarzio super distortion in the bridge. the previous owner of the guitar replaced the stock single coils with lace sensor golds. teh gay

what single coils would complement the super distortion well? ive had this guitar for like 3 years and never bothered changing the lace sensors.

• Members

If you actually want real Strat single-coil tone out of them, look into Seymour Antiquities, Lindy Fralin Real 54s or Fender Texas Specials.

I love the Texas Specials in my USA Fat Strat Texas Special matched up with the Pearly Gates bucker in the bridge. The Eric Johnson custom shop pickups in my EJ are pretty choice, as well. I don't think they're available for regular sale, but I've seen sets of them listed on ebay.

Good luck!

• Members
i have a mij fender strat that has a stock dimarzio super distortion in the bridge. the previous owner of the guitar replaced the stock single coils with lace sensor golds. teh gay

what single coils would complement the super distortion well? ive had this guitar for like 3 years and never bothered changing the lace sensors.

Hey, long time no see. :cool:

I hadn't tried them yet but have had Duncan Cool Rails recommended a couple times for matching up with a 'bucker in the bridge. I don't mind the idea of rails for those positions as long as they're not too hot.

I have used a Rio Grande Tall Boy in the neck positions of some strat-style guitars over time and like it pretty well. With single coils I like to be able to somewhat get vintagy tones for dirt and clean but also like at least a little power.

• Members

Fender Texas Specials.

I have a set of these in a Strat. No complaints, but I'm far from the single expert. MIM singles sound good to me as well.

As long as I can get a Rush/Rainbow/Deep Purple tone I'm happy.

Archived