"zZOUNDS..." DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Moshaholic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry you had a problem. I've never had trouble with either AMS or zZounds. I've had the opposite. I ordered something that was promised in 3 to 5 days, and got it the next day. I think they have, or used to have warehouses on each coast, so depending where it's in stock, your shipping time varies.

• Members

Another vote for Sweetwater. I will not give my money to any other internet retailer. Good service, pre AND post-sale.

I still occasioanlly get phone calls from them....just checking in....obviously looking for a sale, but never pushy and always top notch service when I do place orders.

• Members

zzsounds and samedaymusic are the same, except with samedaymusic... if your order doesnt ship the same day, they pay you $$$. I got a check from them a few years ago for an order that didn't ship same day. Both carry the same stock, same blems, etc.

• Members

zzsounds and samedaymusic are the same, except with samedaymusic... if your order doesnt ship the same day, they pay you $$$. I got a check from them a few years ago for an order that didn't ship same day. Both carry the same stock, same blems, etc.

This.

• Members

American Musical Supply FTMFW! Never had ANY problems with them whatsoever and their CS is top notch!

I've used AMS for, what, like a decade at this point, and they're always been the coolest to deal with. Never had an issue with them; anything that needed to be resolved- and I've bought a lot of gear!- got taken care of right away. If I'm gonna buy new, it'll be from them. It's either that or from the forums, unless I'm just buying strings or a tube or some {censored}- seriously, the only ones worth a damn.

• Members

I had tried everyone for shipping here to Alaska. Musicians Friend used to pull through everytime. They have screwed me a couple times on shipping now. Sweetwater is the only place that will be getting any of my business from here on out. I actually met Chuck Surack when I was in recording school, still pretty down to earth!

• Members

I have bought a ton of stuff from AMS and if they are part of zZounbds or what ever you would never know this... AMS has always fixed any issues fast and quick.

zZounds best response to why they are taking 3 days to ship out an over night order for which the all items are in stock is...

"Sorry for the delay sir but people make mistakes, we can cancel your order if you'd like?"

:facepalm:

• Members

American Musical Supply FTMFW! Never had ANY problems with them whatsoever and their CS is top notch!

This is not the first time I've heard bad things about Zzounds.

YEP, AMS and Sweetwater, that's all I use.

Except when I stray away for a great deal such as a $199 Peavey Windsor from Musician's Friend.:cop:

• Members

Thread TL/DR

Sucks about the bad service. I bought some stuff years ago from zz and had very good experience. My bad experience was with music123. Took almost a month to get my speaker when they said it was IN stock??

all my buying has been through sweetwater ever since. Alan is my sales rep, awesome guy and it seems that everyone who works there is on top of their gear knowledge and are all either musicians, studio engineers or have some type of music equipment or production background.

Case in point, on a couple of orders, alan has called me to consult and offer other options both cheaper and more expensive to find out exactly what I was going to use the gear for and help make sure what I was buying was the best choice for the task.

I am impress

Anyways, you'll love the A7's man. I've been rocking them for about 5 months now and they're flat out insane good. I did a shootout at my house with them vs some high end KRK's, JBL's, Dynaudio's and Tannoy reveals.

All had strengths and weaknesses but the A7's took the crown in my opinion. They need a sub though if you're doing more bass heavy music or R&B or trying to fine tune the low end from kick or bass guitar so that would be a weakness (if you call it that)

Archived