"zZOUNDS..." DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Moshaholic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sweetwater rules in CS.

Yes, but annoying when they call to see if I need to buy anything.

(If I'm not buying anything right now, it probably means A) I don't need anything. B) I can't afford anything.)

And I feel like I'm talking to somebody heavy into Scientology.

Other than that, they're great.

• Members

Yes, but annoying when they call to see if I need to buy anything.

(If I'm not buying anything right now, it probably means A) I don't need anything. B) I can't afford anything.)

And I feel like I'm talking to somebody heavy into Scientology.

Other than that, they're great.

My guy knows not to do that cause I let him know I don't need alot of hands on. That being said he straightened some {censored} out for me and got right on it. I was very impressed and felt I was looked after as if it really mattered. Hell I only ordered a pedal. Nothing top dollar. They've earned my business and it was a little more than just being nice to me.

• Members

sweetwater is horrible they won't stop hounding you

with great customer service:thu:. seriously i ordered power supply that is all. no shipping charge, plus the dude left me like 5 emails, 5 voicemails, asking if there were any issues, then before it was shipped he left a message to make sure i was getting what i needed, awesome amazing customer service especially for what i ordered. definitely gonna order from them next time around.

They call me every now and then asking me if everything is working fine with the product I bought and If I need anything else. Okay, I know this is a cleverly disguised cold sales call, but whenever I order from them it its a very easy experience.

I got an email from them once about 25% off Roland products. Just for the hell of it I sent a reply saying that I wasn't looking for a roland product, but I would appreciate a discount on a Digitech Hardwire reverb. Same day I get a call and they say they will not give me the 25% off, but they will give me 25 dollars off....:thu:. Reverb pedal shipped right away.

Also, after you order through your first sales rep, he is your rep for life, and all dealings are through them. So you pretty much get to know them.

Plus, they have their own warranty program.

Sweetwater is #1. They are a business that realizes what it takes to run a business correctly.

• Members

I've been quite happy ordering through zzounds, but Sweetwater really IS where it's at, especially for recording gear.

That said, I will never order anything from Musican Fuckers again. They botched {censored} so badly on my last order that it took five {censored}ing days on the phone with them to fix it and one of their reps was so rude when they dropped this comment:

"Could I ask sir why you need this?"

Yeah, because I ordered it five days ago, you took my money, sold the item, didn't tell me until wednesday, {censored}ed me over when I ordered something else, missed the shipping date because you never shipped it and I want my {censored}ing item that I paid for TWICE, dick cheese! :mad: What I have planned for it is none of your god damned business. :mad::mad:

• Members

I've received a broken guitar (headstock) from musiciansfriend and it seems teh return department went over a series of bs to make the exchange much harder than it should have been. I called the same day it arrived (within the hour) and, imo, they should try to make the exchange less painful.

AMS has been good to me.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Zzounds' return policy sounds great though.

It says you can return almost any item within 30 days for any reason for a full refund. All you pay is shipping.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Does anyone know of anyone who did this and how it turned out?

• Members

It says you can return almost any item within 30 days for any reason for a full refund. All you pay is shipping.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Does anyone know of anyone who did this and how it turned out?

zzounds employee alt :o

• Members

I ordered a set of monitors with a bad tweeter. They took them back without issue, and had my replacement out quickly.

• Members

I ordered a guitar that the description said had a Floyd. It arrived with a Kahler. The newer model switched to a Kahler. I wanted the Floyd. I opened it up, saw the Kahler and called them immediately. There were no problems with returning it and of course I did not pay return shipping. They did not have the Floyd model so no new guitar from them.

I ordered another guitar later at a sale price and they later had a 10% off sale on the sale price. If you find a cheaper price within 30 days they will match it on purchased items. Called them up and they refunded the difference.

I have had no problems, other than what's above, with any online suppliers. I've used MF, ZZounds, AMS, and Gear Orphanage.

• Members

A couple years ago I ordered a C-7 Blackjack from Zzounds and it was {censored}ing horrible. I figured this just must be a lemon, so I called Zzounds and they sent out a replacement immediately - I did not have to send them the original one first. I shipped it back to them using their label at no cost to me.

However, the second guitar also was complete {censored}, which is when I decided not to ever buy a Schecter guitar again. I called Zzounds and they refunded my purchase completely with no restock fee, no hassle. Maybe they have gotten {censored}ty since then, but I was impressed. The CS staff were helpful and there was no run around whatsoever.

:idk: YMMV

• Members

I ordered a guitar that the description said had a Floyd. It arrived with a Kahler. The newer model switched to a Kahler. I wanted the Floyd. I opened it up, saw the Kahler and called them immediately. There were no problems with returning it and of course I did not pay return shipping. They did not have the Floyd model so no new guitar from them.

I ordered another guitar later at a sale price and they later had a 10% off sale on the sale price. If you find a cheaper price within 30 days they will match it on purchased items. Called them up and they refunded the difference.

I have had no problems, other than what's above, with any online suppliers. I've used MF, ZZounds, AMS, and Gear Orphanage.

Should have kept the Kahler.

Archived