Life-Expectancies of Pro-Wrestlers

LeftyScum4000

• Members

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm

:eek:

I don't know if this is old news to a lot of people on here, but this shocked me. I was trawling youtube for crap, and happened upon a "wrestling RIP tribute". I wondered who else other than Benoit had died (I haven't followed wrestling in almost a decade), and the list was longer than my arm! British Bulldog! Big Boss Man! Mr Perfect! Eddie Guerro! Crash-{censored}ing-Holly! Half of the guys hadn't even turned 50! What the {censored} is up with that?!?!?!

Oh yes, I almost forgot...

chrisbenoittapout.jpg

• Members
I remember seeing the whole owen hart tragedy on live tv. If I remember right it was a PPV event. He fell, and the screen went black. Instantly cut the camera feed. {censored} sucked.
:(

i remember that, it was pretty shocking, i was only like 9 when it happened. I was shocked they kept the ppv going, but then again, I'm not sure many of the wrestlers really accepted the fact that he had died or anything, they probably just thought "oh he's hurt pretty bad, that sucks" and didn't really want to register the fact that he had died.

• Members

The wrestling life is tough, especially if you're a big guy. Lots of bumps and bruises and requires a lot of stamina and endurance just to travel around making all the shows, not to mention what they have to do once the bell rings. Sure, it's scripted, but there's no difference between a fake suplex off the top rope and a real one. They both hurt the same.

• Members
Heart attacks are real.
:cop:

More significantly, concussions are real (not to say that heart attacks aren't a big deal, obviously). Even after one serious concussion your life expectancy may go down. Most of these guys get concussed on a regular basis, like pro boxers and NFLers, and it's been misdiagnosed or played down for years. Only now is the medical community starting to really push the sports community to respond appropriately to any kind of head trauma.

• Members

More significantly, concussions are real (not to say that heart attacks aren't a big deal, obviously). Even after one serious concussion your life expectancy may go down. Most of these guys get concussed on a regular basis, like pro boxers and NFLers, and it's been misdiagnosed or played down for years. Only now is the medical community starting to really push the sports community to respond appropriately to any kind of head trauma.

been there, done that, not fun.

• Members

Well then, Steve Young better get going on his "bucket list"

Archived