What Amp makers are left here??

Lucius

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

saving money that way!

his mammy brings him cookies and milk every morningg.

If it's true, I am honestly at a loss for words. I mean, the guy can seriously turn on douche-mode pretty quickly, but after all that posturing and bravado he still lives at home? This has gotta be a joke. I have to believe that even Doug has some dignity.

• Members

I mean, okay he lives with his folks, but.. maybe it's like a duplex type thing?

I mean, idk.

dude is 50something.. does he have a steady job? if so- than why would he stay?

if he DOESN'T have a steady job..than.. i guess he's staying out of desperation.?

• Members

Who give a flying {censored} where he lives? So what if he still lives with his parents?? My parents are elderly now and I HAVE to live at home, or pay for hospice care. I don't have any brothers or sisters to help me out either. You all are a bunch of judgemental assholes. No wonder everybody is bailing on this place.

• Members
Who give a flying {censored} where he lives? So what if he still lives with his parents?? My parents are elderly now and I HAVE to live at home, or pay for hospice care. I don't have any brothers or sisters to help me out either. You all are a bunch of judgemental assholes. No wonder everybody is bailing on this place.

2012d1157685229-orly-buttsecks.jpg

• Members

Context, my boy. The way that it was stated originally was that he was living at home because he had no place else to go, not because of some kind of obligation to his parents. I can see where, if you didn't see the original threads a while back, it would appear that I'm being an asshole. I don't fault a guy for living at home for whatever reason, but when said person continually goes on rants about how successful and important he is, it does say a lot about that person's character. In other words, live at home for whatever reason but don't go around telling everybody what a big-shot you are and threatening legal action every time somebody looks at you cross-eyed.

• Members

It's good that you're there to take care of your folks.

Doug on the other hand is a pompous douche who acts all holier-than-thou so I really don't give a flying {censored} how judgmental I may be.

• Members

relax...no one is judging anyone for where they live, well, except mr. Forte. :D

• Members
Somebody posted this a while back....I thought they were just slinging {censored}....the dude seriously lives in his parents' basement?

If so,
:facepalm:

Dude I wan't kidding. There's a whole slew of information about Doug that only a couple people know about. He wouldn't last 5 minutes here if everybody knew the facts.

• Members
Dude I wan't kidding. There's a whole slew of information about Doug that only a couple people know about. He wouldn't last 5 minutes here if everybody knew the facts.

That's just :facepalm:.

Then again, maybe I should've known...It's often that the guys with the most puffed out chests have the least to back it up.

Oh, and inb4dougfanbois.

• Members
That's just
:facepalm:

Then again, maybe I should've known...It's often that the guys with the most puffed out chests have the least to back it up.

Oh, and inb4dougfanbois.

Yep. That being said, he does some good work and his attention to detail is great.

I think he needs to work on his deburring, though.

• Members

Yep. That being said, he does some good work and his attention to detail is great.

I think he needs to work on his deburring, though.

Oh, totally. I mean, the dude obviously does good work...he has a hell of an artists roster for a relatively unknown, small production builder. He just can't last five minutes on a forum without locking himself into douchebag mode, which is precisely why I could never understand it. The dude threatens legal action all the time to people he thinks are 'damaging' his business, but he does more damage in three posts than the rest of us could do in a lifetime.

• Members

The way I see it, some of the established boutique builders seem to have a hard on for new builders who are trying to get into the business. I see a lot of sniping on various forums like this. I don't know the reason for it and I don't get the "it's a secret" aspect of building on basic designs that are 50 years old...

One notable exception (I'm sure there are others) is Bruce Egnater. He shares his knowledge through his class and was very encouraging to me personally...

There are a million small builders out there - what separates the successful from the also-rans is more about marketing and business savvy than tone, IMO... there are lots of ways to make a versatile, good sounding amp...

Steve

• Members

I think trying to be "one of the guys" on a forum when you have a business(like amp builder, cab builder etc.) isn't the best move. It is great to answer questions about your product etc. but making threads about where you buy clothes and arguing with people and trying to win on the internet is a big no no. I -along with many of you- saw this coming for a while now.

Archived