Explorer guitar?

RussAnderson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS?

WHAT THE {censored}??????????????????

Is it an LTD? Do those models suck or wat?

Too good to be true
:o

its a fake ass copy look at his feedback lol you know the cheap nasty copys with 20 active frets and a big space below with an esp logo there where the extra 2 frets should have been lol hes only using a real pic of the hetfield custom to reelin attention to his auction .

• Members

its a fake ass copy look at his feedback lol you know the cheap nasty copys with 20 active frets and a big space below with an esp logo there where the extra 2 frets should have been lol hes only using a real pic of the hetfield custom to reelin attention to his auction .

{censored} I found this just now. Looks like bidding ended last week or shortly before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-ESP-MX2-MX-Hetfield-White_W0QQitemZ110483184146QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100120?IMSfp=TL100120001001r19370

:facepalm:

• Members

The best Explorer I've played is a Hamer USA standard. They're very expensive though, cost more than the Gibsons but the quality is unbeatable.

Gibson Explorers are really col and sometimes you can get good deals on the used market on them.

If you're on a tight budget the import Hamers are hard to beat.

• Members

Even the Custom Shop?? I know you can't get it in the US but I thought anywhere else the CS will make whatever you want?? Am I totally misinformed here??

Yeap, as far as I'm aware. They were recently only available as a custom order from the custom shop, but I read somewhere that they're not doing the MX shape at all.

• Members

Yeap, as far as I'm aware. They were recently only available as a custom order from the custom shop, but I read somewhere that they're not doing the MX shape at all.

+1

I checked on getting a Custom Shop MX and was told that they are no longer making them, even as Custom Shop orders (this was about 2 years ago).

I like the Gibsons, but FWIW, the Ebony Explorers have some horrible finish flaws. For the last 2 years I have been looking for one that didn't appear to have a "seam", and they have all had them (none of the ones I have seen have had a smooth finish). IMO, the White Gibson Explorers look great, and the only flaw that I have seen are inconsistencies with the fret markers on the side of the fretboard (some are set-in deeper that others).

• Members

LOL.....sorry! I pulled the trigger on a Studio, and it's the best peice of gear I have bought in many many years...I {censored} you not.

Damnit dudes....you two aren't helping my GAS :mad:....I was thinking of seriously unloading some gear for a for AxeFx but when I think about these Hamers....gawd damm....

• Members

I bought this Gibson Gothic Explorer before Christmas.

Great guitar. Ebony board, 59 rounded neck profile. Great finish and sounds fantastic.

All black mightn't be your thing though if you are not playing metal :idk:

DSCN0287.jpg

• Members

I bought this Gibson Gothic Explorer before Christmas.

Great guitar. Ebony board, 59 rounded neck profile. Great finish and sounds fantastic.

All black mightn't be your thing though if you are not playing metal
:idk:

DSCN0287.jpg

Sorry to ask, But... are Gibson gothics NitroCellulose Black? :facepalm:

• Members

The Gibby is long gone, but the ESP will never leave my hands.

espgibbywb4.jpg

That's a great comparison pic between the two guitars , i have owned that gibby but never had the chance to play the esp explorer. I have heard a fair few say the esp holds up better in terms of quality & finish but for the money the gibby is a pretty good alternative.

ps i know what u mean keeping the esp im the same with my 2 ft eclipses, because it will be hard to find better .

• Members

My Explorer GAS is through the roof now. I had one as my main guitar from '89 to 2000, sold it when my son was born and I stopped playing for a while. Then when I got back into it, I bought other guitars and never really though about it but now I realize that I REALLY miss that guitar. I want another one just like my old one. Black with white pickguard and yes, EMGs (2 x 85).

Archived