Explorer guitar?

RussAnderson

• Members

edwards i have been told wouldnt be as good as a gibson explorer thats why ive stayed clear of edwards .Would much rather get a guitar thatr feels solid and right i don't think edwards would fit the bill.

ps That tobacco sunburst dean explorer is drop dead Awesome, just a pity about the headstock not my thang at all, but the rest is beautifull.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This looks pretty damn sweet , bound to cost as its in their custom gallery .

sIMG_55358.jpg
sIMG_55317.jpg
sIMG_55335.jpg
sIMG_55380.jpg
sIMG_55302.jpg

ps:may have to enquire about this guitar , its still slighlty of the original explorer shape but is that a big deal?Anyone have any feedback on Ran Guitars? all i know is that there a polish guitar company that is all, and they look well made.

Hands down the best explorer in this thread

• Members
Hands down the best explorer in this thread

You say that without playing them?

fine..make up your mind based on a super thick clear coat. yeah...THAT really makes a GREAT guitar. :rolleyes:

W/E you decide...don't make up your mind based on some cleverly lit internet pics. I ASSSURE you with every fiber of my being, the Hamer Standard will not only be the guitar of your dreams....it's an heirloom. Not like that cheap bull{censored} you call "the very best guitar in the thread". :rolleyes:

• Members
This looks pretty damn sweet , bound to cost as its in their custom gallery .

sIMG_55358.jpg
sIMG_55317.jpg
sIMG_55335.jpg
sIMG_55380.jpg
sIMG_55302.jpg

ps:may have to enquire about this guitar , its still slighlty of the original explorer shape but is that a big deal?Anyone have any feedback on Ran Guitars? all i know is that there a polish guitar company that is all, and they look well made.

I've got a ran. The neck on the guitar feels amazing. also the body resonates very well. i can play tunes on it that i can't with my ESP jeff hanneman sig:thu: but i'm never gonna order from them again... they put a glossy black finish on the neck, tho i ordered a clear satin finish. if i pay 2000 euros thats not a mistake that i want to happen.

also, im new. hi:p

• Members

That is one very interesting explorer , would def appreciate your feedback on ran and that rather unusual but rather nice looking explorer Cheers:thu:

Russ.....Please...don't make the mistake of buying based on looks. Like I said...do you want a guitar for some cheap ass bedroom metal jack off session? If so...go ahead and get the Ran...it will be perfect.

If you want a guitar for the ages...one that is an heirloom.....one that grows with you and into you....get the Hamer. It will rise and blossom right along with everything you do. where the ESP and Ran will be just what it is. Just a guitar. Trust me.

Oh it's deth goth graphite! GODAMN it's GOTTA BE {censored}ING COOL!

I haven't shown you my other Hamer....(I told you I have a Studio...like this:

GATC59C_sm.jpg

But this guitar is mine...my photo, the real deal. I bought it new in 1987...and I played it exclusively for ten years. It's still a very awesome guitar, a little worse for the wear, and dated with the skate/surf decal....and many guitars and amps have come and gone...this one I still have (far right):

guitars.jpg

• Members

17 tubes is right on that one imo.

its teh looks that made me buy a ran.

it plays great and its the "best" gear i own, but i never got an emotional bond with it like my other gear.

i also feel like i never will. it's a wooden board with strings instead of a guitar if you know what i mean lal.

Archived