Explorer guitar?

RussAnderson

• Members

So im in the market again for a nice explorer, just wondering whats availble and good out there these days?Someone suggested dave mustaines Dean zero guitar but i would much prefer the real Gibson deal over that one .Had an oppourtunity to get a esp mx250 but only found out it was a bolt on , more of a set neck player .

ps looking at ran but there slight offshape to the original explorer , something with good solid quality and feel to it ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See now, this why I HATE Gibson with a passion. They can put out an abortion of a guitar like this, but they can seem to issue a basic left handed Explorer. Really, would more right handed players buy this piece of shit than left handed players buy a nice cleanly crafted left handed model?

:facepalm: Fuckers.:soapbox:

1eff6c11c48ec9677261fb4c8b6387a3.jpg

• Members

God damn you. I just got wood and GAS. Southpaw guitars has about 4 Hamers like that right now....if I had the fuckin' money to spare...
:cop:

LOL.....sorry! I pulled the trigger on a Studio, and it's the best peice of gear I have bought in many many years...I shit you not.

• Members

This looks pretty damn sweet , bound to cost as its in their custom gallery .

sIMG_55358.jpg

sIMG_55317.jpg

sIMG_55335.jpg

sIMG_55380.jpg

sIMG_55302.jpg

ps:may have to enquire about this guitar , its still slighlty of the original explorer shape but is that a big deal?Anyone have any feedback on Ran Guitars? all i know is that there a polish guitar company that is all, and they look well made.

• Members

I assure you the USA Hamers are of the UTMOST quality and detail. It's really hard to believe that such rich sweet notes can come out so effortlessly. Build quality is superb.

The headstock is "hockey stick style". If you don't like the Kramer/Hamer headstock....well "idk" other than you just have to PLAY it...get it in your hand as opposed to looking at it from a certain angle on a computer screen.

for sure bro! im maybe being a bit too picky about the headstock? prob looks a lot better in person .I know nothing about there range and must check out their webpage , thanks for the advice 17:thu:

• Members

For some reason...of all the guitars out there...I've always felt an Explorer should not be painted. Even the woody (ran?_) looks a bit too laquered...I know some of that is the over-use of dramatic lighting.

The white looks like a toy..even though I am sure it's a formidable instrument. With so much real estate...I wanna see the woods.

• Members

Yes the esp would be my no 1 choice ,wondering do esp japan still make these for the european market as custom shop?i have one of there directors emails i think i need to get in contact find out cost and time preferences .Handy thing i live in a city that has a music store that sell esp guitars,bought from them many times. so yes i think that may be the game plan here?

Archived