I am probably in the minority here, but....

Chrisjd

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what are you currently playing through

I have the 6505, Baron, VHT, Cobra, and Marshall. I love them all fairly equally. I have 2 splawn cabs, a cobra cab, deliverance cab, and marshall cab. the marshall cab and deliverance cab get used the most right now. And I am playing my VHT head the most currently.

• Members

On my Dracos I really like the neck dual rail but I do end up using the bridge pickup more often for cleans and even leads..I think, however, if I put in a new dual rail in the neck that would change.

On the Epi Goth Explorer I just bought, I'm waiting for a new bridge pickup I ordered, BUT, the stock neck pickup is awesome. I never would have thought an Epi stock pickup could be so good but it brings out the cleans better than anything I've heard and the leads are great as well. The only downside is it's not hot enough, but only slightly.

I'd like a guitar that has just a three way switch Neck position, bridge position, kill position..no in between. I like cleans and leads through the neck and rhythms on the bridge pickup.

• Members

Very nice

my amp progression is very similar to yours

I currently have Engl Savage 120 and Engl Fireball 100

Past gone but not forgotten

Engl Powerball

Peavey 5150

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rack mount and Tremoverb

Ampeg VH-140c

I must say that I still really like all the amps I've owned

• Members

I'd have to say the Savage 120

the Fireball 100 is a very cool amp I like it better than the Powerball I had

but I think it's sold I'm just waiting for payment.

For me the Savage is a better fit

I loved the savage 120. Wouldn't mind having another one.

• Members

I'm the opposite. I use the neck pickup about 80% of the time. I pretty much only use the bridge pickup for playing teh brootz or butt rock, or when recording to add texture to layered parts. I love the fatness and roundness of a single coil in the neck position.

• Members
I don't understand the love or need for neck pickups, even for clean tones and lead work.

For leads or clean playing I still much prefer my bridge pickups. The neck pickup always sounds so plinky and uninspiring, whereas the bridge pickups has a more vibrant, clear ring to it.

Anyone else feel this way?

That's like saying "I don't understand the need for a 2 channel amp or two amps at all."

It is another way to get a tine. I agree with the other post in that you probably have {censored}ty pickups, maybe?:idk:

• Members
I don't understand the love or need for neck pickups, even for clean tones and lead work.

For leads or clean playing I still much prefer my bridge pickups. The neck pickup always sounds so plinky and uninspiring, whereas the bridge pickups has a more vibrant, clear ring to it.

Dude... you only play metal, and you like slipknot. Of course you don't understand. Stop making an ass out of yourself :poke: :p

• Members

You're doing it wrong.:cop:

You probably don't see the need for a tone control on your guitar either do you?:facepalm:

Archived