jnurp

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thief series

half-life series

final fanasy 6 and 7

deus ex series (new trailer looks pretty cool)

fallout 3

bioshock series

assassin's creed 2

shadow of the colossus

no ones lives forever 1
and 2 were both great, especially the first one

nostalgia'ing hard right now

NO ONE LIVES FOREVVVVVVERRRRRRRR duh nuh nuh NUH NUH NUHhhhh BUT EVIL NEVER DIESSSSSSSSSSSSSss

• Members

Have any of the FF series been turn based since 10:confused: I like turn based

XII and XIII are hybrids. You still have to wait for your ATB meter to fill before its your turn, but the enemy wont wait for you. By setting up gambits in XII you could even let the game do the fighting for you. Run up to enemy -> watch it die. XIII is a bit more "hands-on", but you still only control one character, the others are controlled based on what tactics you're using.

I agree that FFX had a great turn-based system. But I also understand why they moved away from it.

• Members

I finally found Shadow of the Collosus at a game stop so i bought and then i realized that my ps3 is a 40g and doesnt have backwards compatibility...FML. Then i realized i still have my old ps2 in a closet somewhere so i dug it out and ill be playing this tonight before i go out. Is this a safe game to play around children?

Yea, it's safe. The kids will find it pretty boring, as it's a very sparse game and it's themes are incredibly subtle and nuanced. I'm not even quite sure if I liked it or not - it's that striking. I can however say with confidence that it might be the most emotionally unusual/bold game I've ever played. Something about the silence and the vast expanses of nothingness really get to you somewhere deep. It's weird....

• Members

Im kinda stuck on a part in uncharted 2 where they have to take out a bunch of guys by sneaking on em and i keep getting caught. I just gave up after a few tries. I really should get back to that game.

Go to the right. Leap over the stairs and cover by the pillar. Wait for the guard on the other side to move into the shadows, then take him out. Cover behind the fountain and wait for Flynn. A guard has his back to you by a railing above ground level - sneak up right behind him, grab the railing, and press square to edge-KO him (if you reach inaccurately, you will be caught). Immediately leap over the railing and cover to the right. 2 guards will come out from a door to your right and split up - one going directly ahead of you and the other taking a couple more steps forward. Wait for the one in front to clear the light, then charge him and knock him out - Flynn will take out the other guy. After that, you should be OK.

Yes, I did that about 3 dozen times also before getting it. Why do you ask?

• Members

Ok in the best order I can remember

Berzerk on the Atari..

Spy Hunter (arcade)

Zelda (NES)

Contra (Nes and Arcade)

NHL 94 (Genesis)

Resident Evil (PS1)

GTA III (PS2)

Call of Duty (all of em)

Thats all I can think of.. Not a big gamer anymore.

• Members

Super Mario 3
Star Tropics 1
All Zelda games from NES to Wii, but especially A link to the past and ocarina of time...man oh man, those games really take me back.
Goldeneye 64
Super Mario 64
Half-Life
MGS
Silent Hill
Bioshock 2 (almost shed a tear at the end :o )

Probably forgot some important games...but to be honest, Zelda is the greatest game ever. nothing compares, there's only one franchise of games that I HAVE to play, and that's Zelda. Hell, I only bought the Wii for Twilight Princess, and promptly sold it after beating that one.

• Members

ok what is the best GTA?

III, Vice city, San Andreas, IV or one of the other ones?

im really partial to Vice City, that game was probably my favorite gaming experience ever.

Either San Andreas or IV. San Andreas has the best over-the-top action scenes, like a Bond movie. IV has more realistic missions and physics, and everything seems a little more brutal, like a Bourne movie. I also think IV is better-written. If it didn't have that damn social system, it would be my favorite GTA in a walk. As it is, it's a tossup.

• Members

Either San Andreas or IV. San Andreas has the best over-the-top action scenes, like a Bond movie. IV has more realistic missions and physics, and everything seems a little more brutal, like a Bourne movie. I also think IV is better-written. If it didn't have that damn social system, it would be my favorite GTA in a walk. As it is, it's a tossup.

GTAIV was definitely the most impressive game in the series. San Andreas provided more single-player enjoyment for me though. Vice City was a load of fun, but lost most of its fun points once the missions were done. SA and IV had loads to do once the game was over though.

Also, I've been thinking about picking up Bad Company 2. Everyone seems to really like it.

• Members

gta iii
super mario bros 3
mario 64
mass effect 2
oblivion
kotor
halo in general (minus odst that piece of {censored})
gears of war
Battlfield 1942
star wars: battlefront

there is more but those are off the top of the head.

oh and definitely zelda ocarina of time and then majoras mask.

• Members
i played guild wars for about 3 minutes then i uninstalled it and threw it away.

It's actually pretty decent if you have a couple friends you can always have in your group. Those damned mercenaries/henchmen/whatever-the-{censored}-they're-called can ruin a good run :mad:

Anyway, top 10 for me:

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Bard's Tale: Tales of the Unknown
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics
Diablo II
DOOM
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Metal Gear Solid
Ninja Gaiden II

Archived