your top 10 video games of all time....go

jnurp

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:love:videogames:love:

Lots of different tastes :thu: some posts jogged my memory :)

Baldur's Gate 2
Fallout 2
Diablo
Everquest
Command & Conquer
Counter-Strike
Tribes
Deus Ex
X-Com
Rainbow Six

Too many different greats to list. A frightening amount of time spent staring at a screen, pressing and clicking buttons. Don't think I'd trade it for anything...kinda get less and less time to play as one gets older, but still have the memories of some great moments :lol:

• Members

Overated muck that took the worst from two excellent series of games, and combined them to form one of the worst games ever made - and again and again appears on these lists...

Secret of Mana

Boom.

:mad: I loved playing it when I was a kid. Where's the FU smiley? thebirdman.gif There we go! :p

• Members

In no particular order, except for the first one

Metal Gear Solid series

Command and Conquer series, Tiberian Sun/Firestorm in particular

Halo series

GTA San Andreas

Homeworld (going old school on you tricks)

Metroid Prime

A Link to the Past

CoD series (1, UO, and 2 were my early PC FPS experiences)

Goldeneye

Tetris

Honorable mention: Battlefield 1942/2/2142, Medal of Honor Frontline/Allied Assault

• Members
i take it back. I got it today and it is quite good

I'm roughly 10 hours in, and the story is starting to take off big time (yes, it seems a bit odd that a game wont really get started until you've played about as long as it'd take to finish 95% of all games out there).

The combat gets quite addictive when you get more and more options. Yes, its linear, but it doesnt bother me. Then I dont get lost... :D

• Members

Wow I guess I really need to try the Gran Turismo games, based on all the votes! Is it that much better than Forza Motorsport or have you guys tried Forza Motorsport?

Xbox: Forza Motorsport
Xbox: Gotham Racing
Xbox: Rallysport 2 Challenge
Xbox: Halo
Original NES: Super Mario Brothers
Original NES: Super Mario Brothers 3
Doom
Flight Simulator X
Flight Simulator 2004 (since my computer can't run X!)

I would vote Forza Motorsport 2 if I had an Xbox360... but then I would have debilatating tenonitis and wouldn't be able to play anything... and that's why I wont buy one! :)

If Halo is so overated what is so much better?
I only own a handful of games and Halo is all I know, as far as game like that go.

I gave up on Halo when I couldn't get past that (very early) level where you're at a transit station where those flying things operate from- that is out in the forest. It wasn't that I couldn't beat adversaries it was that I couldn't figure out what came next- where to go. I'm not going to fire up the game right now at 2:10am to figure out what level it was though. I'll check tomorrow because I know you guys know how to get past it and beat all these games listed.

• Members

Well brah, Gran Turismo 5 has been in the works for a looooong time. Nobody knows when it will come out. DO NOT play gran turismo 2 thinking it will kick Forza's ass. If you try GT get the most recent version.

I got the 1st flight simulator waaay back in the day. I had the joystick and all. Well, my dad got it. I couldn't figure out how to play it. Hell, starting up a computer and using windows 3 was almost a science

• Members
Well brah, Gran Turismo 5 has been in the works for a looooong time. Nobody knows when it will come out. DO NOT play gran turismo 2 thinking it will kick Forza's ass. If you try GT get the most recent version.

I got the 1st flight simulator waaay back in the day. I had the joystick and all. Well, my dad got it. I couldn't figure out how to play it. Hell, starting up a computer and using windows 3 was almost a science

CAUTION: Video Game moron posting:
Okay, so I just figured out that Turismo is on PS2 :facepalm:
Also, I just learned that only Forza has the Ferrari license and that is all that matters to me! :)

I found a code online that gave me $999,999,999 in Forza so I bought all the Ferraris and am really happy that they included the 288 GTO... it is also cool to see it in different colors (since all 272 of them were red). Yes, I am a Ferrari dork.

Yeah I was going to a friend's house after highschool to play the early flightsim on his computer... I was obsessed. No, seriously.

I can teach you how to fly flight sim and I can also teach you how to pass your FAA Pilot License checkride!

• Members

I finally found Shadow of the Collosus at a game stop so i bought and then i realized that my ps3 is a 40g and doesnt have backwards compatibility...FML. Then i realized i still have my old ps2 in a closet somewhere so i dug it out and ill be playing this tonight before i go out. Is this a safe game to play around children?

• Members

I finally found Shadow of the Collosus at a game stop so i bought and then i realized that my ps3 is a 40g and doesnt have backwards compatibility...FML. Then i realized i still have my old ps2 in a closet somewhere so i dug it out and ill be playing this tonight before i go out. Is this a safe game to play around children?

I'd say so. There are occasional fountains of non-human blood, but that's it.

Uncharted 2 is making a very serious run for my top 10, depending how much staying power it has.

• Members

Im kinda stuck on a part in uncharted 2 where they have to take out a bunch of guys by sneaking on em and i keep getting caught. I just gave up after a few tries. I really should get back to that game.

• Members

Can't believe I forgot all about Bomberman. :facepalm:

It's basically like an action RPG, except it skips all the bits in between and you just fight the bosses. Lots of big cray bosses, lots of stabbing, lots of fun. :thu:

• Members

Goldeneye------------------

Age of Empires II gold sucka

Super Metroid

Batman for the SNES

Robocop vs. Terminator for the Genesis

X-men 2 for the the Genesis

Devil may Cry

Conquer's Bad Fur Day

Super Mario Bros. 3

Castlevania games for the DS

Ghost Recon for the Gamecube

• Members

Number 1: Deus Ex 1 (surprised that not more people included this game, its soooooo the best game ever :))

Modern Warfare II

Deus Ex II

Anachronox

GTA Vice City

Gran Turismo IV (when's V coming out!!!!)

Hitman: Codename 47

NFS Underground

Red Alert II

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

• Members

All Legend of Zelda titles, notably the very first one (NES) and Ocarina of Time (N64) being all time fave
Pitfall 2 (Atari 2800)
Dr J. and Larry Bird Go One on One (Atari 7800)
Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3 and N64 (NES and N64, haven't had the time to play the GameCube or Wii versions)
Konami Wai Wai World (Family Computer)
Gradius and Salamander (Family Computer)
Wrath of the Black Manta (NES)
Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 (SEGA)

Archived