your top 10 video games of all time....go

jnurp

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Awesome multi-player game.

Lots of capture the flag, team deathmatch and assault kinds of maps. Everyone had jet packs they could use for short jumps. Varying levels armor and different weapons and accessories. Plus lot of flying vehicles.

Its kind of the grandfather to a lot of todays online multiplayer games.

screenshot_tribes2.jpg

tribes2.jpg

tribes2_screen001.jpg

Tribes2.jpg

Looks like Tribes 2 is free now!!!

http://www.tribesnext.com/downloads/tribes2gsi

Good times :thu:

• Members
Didn't read the whole thread, and now I don't need to. These are the correct answers!
:thu:

I haven't played video games since those games.

I guess I bowl and play tennis with the kids on the Wii. Maybe a little baseball and basketball.

Doesn't interest me.:cop:

• Members

I just got final fantasy, its good so far but i cant stand the turn combat format, it feels so fake. The visuals are stunning so far, im only about 25 minutes into it.

Although I used to be into turn based RPGs a ton, I find myself feeling impatient with turn based battles more and more as I get older.

I have been playing Final Fantasy XII and although it is a much better battle system, I SO wish they would just make it 'Zelda style' and give it more of an adventure game feel!

• Members

Boom.

10. Goldeneye (n64)

9. Fallout 2 (PC)

8. Final Fantasy IX (Psx)

7. Final Fantasy X (Ps2)

6. Super Mario Kart (SNES)

5. Civilization IV (PC)

4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)

2. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (n64)

1. Final Fantasy VII (Psx)

Honourable mentions to...

Day of the Tentacle

Civilization II

Championship Manager 2: 1997/98

Chrono Trigger

Baldur's Gate II

Mario Kart 64 and Wii Varients

Fallout

Shenmue

Unchartered Waters 2: New Horizons

Street Fighter II

Starcraft

Princess Maker 2

Overated games that people seem to always put in these polls and I grumble loudly when I read them...

Halo

Mortal Kombat series

Age of Empires series

Overated muck that took the worst from two excellent series of games, and combined them to form one of the worst games ever made - and again and again appears on these lists...

Secret of Mana

Boom.

• Members
Not being a dick, actually curious... why IX over any of the others?
:confused:

I dont know man, it just seemed to be the one that I connected with the most. I really liked the characters and art style of the game, and I thought the story was pretty great. The throwback style really appealed to me as well. I love and appreciate the hell out of IV, VI, VII, VIII, and X, but IX was the one I just most enjoyed (and Ive played all 12).

• Members

i dont know about Final Fantasy....i have about 2 hours into it. Visually its phenominal, but it feels like im playing Pokemon. Im too old for this stuff i think. This turn based combat is a huge turn off. I may just play this with my kid for fun. I wish it had an open world and free style combat to it, it would be insane if it did.

• Members

i dont know about Final Fantasy....i have about 2 hours into it. Visually its phenominal, but it feels like im playing Pokemon. Im too old for this stuff i think. This turn based combat is a huge turn off. I may just play this with my kid for fun. I wish it had an open world and free style combat to it, it would be insane if it did.

ya, FF13 sucks ballz from what I hear

Archived