VHT Deliverance settings...

NinjaRaf

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've read on the VHT forums that the D120 was aggressive and tighter. Who knows though? I've only played a D60 once and it sounded very similar. I have a D120 and love it. I mainly bought it because it was $780 and I figured I could possibly flip it, but I fell in love with it.

• Members

Sorry to hear that the amp didn't suit your taste. You may want to swap your tubes out or at least try your power tubes first. I always do that whenever I get a new amp to hear the amps full potential. I did that to the Jet City JCA100H and Egnater Renegade and by swapping the power tubes first. I noticed a big difference in the feel and tonality of the the sound. Since both of those amps uses chinese power tubes, I changed them to SED's and bottom tighten up quite a bit and had better clarity overall. I would've kept the JCA100H after the tube swap but it didn't sound better than my VH100R so it didn't make any sense to me to go for a new amp when mine sounded better and I paid a lot less for it. But anyway that wasn't my point, when I got another VH awhile back and the newer model had the TAD EL34(Chinese) I noticed that the bass was looser and the overall tone wasn't as punchy and focus as my other VH. It certainly made me not like it, so I swapped the power tubes and the amp sounded great! So the moral of the story is don't judge the amp just yet. Try making a few changes like cabs, speakers and tubes. I would rather have manufacturers sticks with the sovteks over the chinese ones. IMO they make the amp sound lesser than it really is.

You may have a harder time trying to sell the amp for what you paid for at this point. Especially since it's a buyers market out there. Buying things new and trying to sell them for what you paid for will be a big disadvantage for you and others at this time.

• Members

Sorry to hear that the amp didn't suit your taste. You may want to swap your tubes out or at least try your power tubes first. I always do that whenever I get a new amp to hear the amps full potential. I did that to the Jet City JCA100H and Egnater Renegade and by swapping the power tubes first. I noticed a big difference in the feel and tonality of the the sound. Since both of those amps uses chinese power tubes, I changed them to SED's and bottom tighten up quite a bit and had better clarity overall. I would've kept the JCA100H after the tube swap but it didn't sound better than my VH100R so it didn't make any sense to me to go for a new amp when mine sounded better and I paid a lot less for it. But anyway that wasn't my point, when I got another VH awhile back and the newer model had the TAD EL34(Chinese) I noticed that the bass was looser and the overall tone wasn't as punchy and focus as my other VH. It certainly made me not like it, so I swapped the power tubes and the amp sounded great! So the moral of the story is don't judge the amp just yet. Try making a few changes like cabs, speakers and tubes. I would rather have manufacturers sticks with the sovteks over the chinese ones. IMO they make the amp sound lesser than it really is.

You may have a harder time trying to sell the amp for what you paid for at this point. Especially since it's a buyers market out there. Buying things new and trying to sell them for what you paid for will be a big disadvantage for you and others at this time.

As I have said about 40 times now...I dont have the time or money to be changing out speakers, cabs, and tubes. The amp is in perfect condition, and 1k is a pretty good deal for the amp already, especially new, so Im pretty confident itll sell.

• Members

The 60 is supposed to be more aggressive or something...I dont really know...

I prefer the D60 too. I'm not sure how to describe what I like about it over the D120 though. The power section is a bit tighter and "cleaner," although the D60 can be brutally loud too, it breaks up a bit earlier. The feel is slightly different too. Generally I prefer amps with four power tubes (EL34/6L6), but this is one of the few amps where the lower powered version rocks my world.

• Members
Well, thank you, but
:mad:
I like the SV MKII.

I prefer the D60 too. I'm not sure how to describe what I like about it over the D120 though. The power section is a bit tighter and "cleaner," although the D60 can be brutally loud too, it breaks up a bit earlier. The feel is slightly different too. Generally I prefer amps with four power tubes (EL34/6L6), but this is one of the few amps where the lower powered version rocks my world.

Do you own a d60?

• Members
If you were in Europe, I'd consider buying it. Sorry dude
:p

Too bad it's not what you expected. I for one love Marshally amps and I'd like to try one out.

:(

Damn international shipping prices...actually...if you are interested, PM me and Ill check shipping prices...

• Members

That's odd your getting flubby low end with it:confused: I had one for a short while and it was tight and huge sounding more so than the 6505 I traded it for. Have you tried it with the p50e speakers. I believe forum member killzone has a set for sale (he used to own the deliverance) you should pm him and try those out before giving up on it

• Members

That's odd your getting flubby low end with it:confused: I had one for a short while and it was tight and huge sounding more so than the 6505 I traded it for. Have you tried it with the p50e speakers. I believe forum member killzone has a set for sale (he used to own the deliverance) you should pm him and try those out before giving up on it

I have no more money left for speakers or cab swapping!!!!

• Members

Honestly man you have your current rig 100% tailored to your 6505.

Speaker choices, pups, etc all based on how you like them with your 6505.

When you switch to a totally different sounding amp of course its gonna take some tweaking to get it where you want it.

Considering how long it takes to really figure amps out and how to properly have your rig matched to it I wouldn't unload it after only a couple hours.

Take it to a music store that has lots of cabs and guitars and find out if its the amp you really dislike or its just the amp with your current speakers, cabs, and guitars that you dislike.

• Members

When you switch to a totally different sounding amp of course its gonna take some tweaking to get it where you want it.

Considering how long it takes to really figure amps out and how to properly have your rig matched to it I wouldn't unload it after only a couple hours.

Take it to a music store that has lots of cabs and guitars and find out if its the amp you really dislike or its just the amp with your current speakers, cabs, and guitars that you dislike.

Great advice. It literally took me years of playing and experimenting to get what I wanted out of my Peavey XXX which was my main amp for 5 years and my first tube amp. The controls on that amp are simple, but minor tweaking does so much to change the tone. Not to mention, the speaker, cab, guitar, pickup, and tube changes I made over the years.

• Members

I tend to agree, but the M12 speakers seriously sound good with any amp Ive had. I had them in my avatar cab, and they sounded great with 4 or 5 amps through that cab...which is one of the reasons I chose them for my buzzbomb. I mean, I definitely know what you are saying...but short of getting a VHT cab, I think the low end is gonna have the same weirdness to it, and thats really whats killing the amp for me. Im also kind of feeling like, if I am happy with my rig as it is with the 6505, then why change guitars, pup, speakers, cabs, etc. to fit a different amp...Especially one that SEEMS to have a characteristic in its low end that I dont like.

And as I said before, it totally could be that I need to try out some different tubes, but I dont think they will make a big enough difference, and I really dont have the money for it...

idk...I guess im just feeling like its not worth it to try all these different things for something that may not work out anyway, and when I have a rig that I am 90-95% happy with...and when I have spent so much time, money and effort getting what I want out of my guitars and cab....idk.

I think I might try out a 6505 head and see how it stacks up against the combo...

Archived