VHT Deliverance settings...

NinjaRaf

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow dude that totally sucks!!!!

Have you stopped to consider that your a 5150 tone kind of guy?

I spend 20 grand on Amps before settling on the QR ( quite happily I might add ). Turns out im a Marshall tone kind of Guy..and guess what brand of amp I started my tone quest with....yup. Marshall.

Keep that in mind before you loose your shirt on a tone quest man and don't let the HCAF gas fest get to you.

• Members

Wow dude that totally sucks!!!!

Have you stopped to consider that your a 5150 tone kind of guy?

I spend 20 grand on Amps before settling on the QR ( quite happily I might add ). Turns out im a Marshall tone kind of Guy..and guess what brand of amp I started my tone quest with....yup. Marshall.

Keep that in mind before you loose your shirt on a tone quest man and don't let the HCAF gas fest get to you.

I have considered this, and I might just end up staying with the 6505...who knows. I will say, though, that before I started getting into amp flip...LONG before...like 4 years before, I wanted a Mako, and I need to at least give one a shot. Other than that, yeah I definitely know that I might be a 5150 guy, and I may just have my perfect amp already ...

• Members

VHT's aren't for everyone. They are definitely a far cry from a 6505. Total different ends of the spectrum. Although it does sound like there may be something up with yours. VHT's are never described as flubby or muddy at all. The filter out a lot of lows in the preamp section and then boost them in the power section from what I understand. For me, my perfect amp is the XTC 101b but I also have a Sig:X, 6505+ and Carvin V3. They are all different and I like having different tones. Have you thought about maybe trying to pickup a used 5150III? Not that it is anything like the 6505 but it may be close enough and have more versatility. That's one amp still on my list to try out.

• Members

VHT's aren't for everyone. They are definitely a far cry from a 6505. Total different ends of the spectrum. Although it does sound like there may be something up with yours. VHT's are never described as flubby or muddy at all. The filter out a lot of lows in the preamp section and then boost them in the power section from what I understand. For me, my perfect amp is the XTC 101b but I also have a Sig:X, 6505+ and Carvin V3. They are all different and I like having different tones. Have you thought about maybe trying to pickup a used 5150III? Not that it is anything like the 6505 but it may be close enough and have more versatility. That's one amp still on my list to try out.

Yeah the 5150III is in my might trade for the VHT section of my spam post lol. I love those amps, but Im not sure that I would like it more than my 6505 combo...

• Members
Holy {censored}! Giving up already!?
:freak::lol:

That sucks man; I was hooked from the moment I turned mine on and hit the first chord. Here are my brootz settings:

Gain 1 and 2 - 3:00

bass: 1:00

Mid: 11-1:00

Treb - 11-12:00

Presence - dimed

Depth - 1-2:00

Yeah, and I was expecting to be too...but theres just something in the low end that I really dont like about it. I might just end up sticking with the 6505...but I might try a head v the combo...

• Members

It's definitely possible the Deliverance may not be for you, but I could never give up on any amp in one day.

If I were you I would definitely try turning gain I all the way up and adjusting gain II to your taste. Also, like everyone has said it needs volume. I know you said you had the volume at noon, but honestly you shouldn't be able to crank it that loud without earplugs, so maybe something is wrong with your amp.

• Members

Did you check to see if all your tubes are seated properly? The low end on that amp should be punishing....

This was my first suspicion, but everything looked good in there...idk...I wish some one around here with experience with a deliverance could come by and check it out and see if it sounds like they think it should sound. I mean, based on clips Ive heard, this isnt the same amp, but we all know clips can be skewed, so idk...

It was nice to turn it on without a noise gate and have it be very silent...

• Members

If any one has a spare set of KT88s they could send, maybe Ill give it another shot...I have some preamp tubes I could swap out too...

Are you guys using the stock tubes? If it were tubes, would they cause the low end to sound kind of not put together? I mean, the tone in the amp is good, but the low end and the feel is mostly whats getting me...Typically, when a pre tube has gone south, I can hear it through the amp, but I never got any funky noises or anything through this...

• Members

I'm not using stock, but thats mostly because my stock power tubes lost vacuum like two weeks after I got my amp. It sounded fine til that point though....

Would it be possible for you to bring it in to a music store and try it with other cabs?

I guess it would be, but the places around here dont really have anything decent...

• Members

How much you want for the D60?

What I paid...$1000 shipped. Its literally BRAND NEW. I had to pop the copper staples off the box when I opened. I was the first person to ever see it, much less play it, and it only has 2.5-3 hours on it...

• Members

It could just be amp doesn't suit your taste, but the flubby low end comment tells me there's also something wrong, whether it's tube, bias or otherwise.

Well, I wouldnt call it flubby. Its just not the tightness and continuity that I was expecting...idk if that makes any sense.

• Members
This might be a faster flip than even Abe is capable of
:o

My last D60 I sold before UPS delivered it. :lol: The day after I bought it (got a killer deal - $725 for a year old mint D60), I had a water leak in the yard that cost me over $1,000 to fix. So I sold the D60 to pay for it. :cry:

• Members
My last D60 I sold before UPS delivered it.
:lol:
The day after I bought it (got a killer deal - $725 for a year old mint D60), I had a water leak in the yard that cost me over $1,000 to fix. So I sold the D60 to pay for it.
:cry:

Damn...725 is a steal...

• Members

Well, I wouldnt call it flubby. Its just not the tightness and continuity that I was expecting...idk if that makes any sense.

All I know is my rig is tight and percussive, so much so that friends with more vintage/loose amps cry and ask me to turn down because my rhythm playing *seems* louder than theirs.

Archived