VHT Deliverance settings...

NinjaRaf

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YEah...I guess its just not for me...I checked the bias and swapped out pre tubes, and everything looks good...

What was the bias at? I had one that had a very strange thing going on with the bias. I couldnt get the bias low enough lmao. Pot didnt have much room for adjustment.

• Members

I think it sounds balls with my Madison cabs. They have V30's and 12/75's in a cross pattern. Also, my settings are actually this:

Gain 1 & 2: 2:00

Switch: More

Treble: 0

Mid: 1:00

Bass: 2:30

Presence: 11:00

Depth: 1:00

Master: 9:00

Sounds good in both my cabs, a cheap peavey 2x12 and my 4x12 mesa with v30's.

• Members

I think you mentioned somewhere that it had a marshall feel too it and that you don't like the marshall sound. I'll agree with you on that. It's got that marshall feel going, but better IMO, however, I like the marshall sound.

Yeah...I think thats what Im not really liking about it...

• Members

It could be the amp, but I wouldn't waste a tone of time or money trying to get it to sound how you want it or think it should sound. I happen to love the VHT sound so it works for me.

Try it in a few different cabs if you can, but if you can't pull the amp from the box and dial in a sound you like right away with your existing equipment, then move on. You shouldn't have to try tons of different tubes, guitars or cabs to get the sound you you hear. That was my complaint with the Cobra...just wasn't teh sound I wanted. Several forumites suggested tubes, guitars, pickups, boosts, etc, but IMO an amp should be able to sound good through standard equipment, ie, v30's, ash/mahogany/adler guitars with both single coils, passive and emg's. But again, at the end of the day, if it's not a tone you like, then don't waste your time/money on trying to get it to sound like you think it should sound.

If the amp is broken, that's another story all together. :D

• Members

btw, I watched both your vids and I liked them both. the 6505 has more of a lower mids/darker sound going on with it. I liked it a lot, but I also liked the VHT just as much.

Yeah, I agree with both of your posts....

I like the 6505 more. Like I said...the VHT doesnt sound bad...theres just something in the low end that I dont like...idk... Ill see what happens I guess. Im glad I tried the amp though.

• Members

I like the 6505 more. Like I said...the VHT doesnt sound bad...theres just something in the low end that I dont like...idk... Ill see what happens I guess. Im glad I tried the amp though.

Just listened to the videos and while I hate camcorder miced clips, I don't hear anything I wouldn't expect from a camcorder miced D60. Not how I'd dial the amp in, but it sounds good to me.

Methinks you just don't like the amp.

• Members

Just listened to the videos and while I hate camcorder miced clips, I don't hear anything I wouldn't expect from a camcorder miced D60. Not how I'd dial the amp in, but it sounds good to me.

Methinks you just don't like the amp.

It was recorded using the zoom q3...methinks maybe the audio on this thing isnt as good as I initially thought, but yeah, it doesnt really sound like theres anything wrong with the amp....just me not really liking it as much as I had anticipated...

• Members

It was recorded using the zoom q3...methinks maybe the audio on this thing isnt as good as I initially thought, but yeah, it doesnt really sound like theres anything wrong with the amp....just me not really liking it as much as I had anticipated...

Doh! Well, I did think it was a decent sounding camcorder mic, still, not as clear as I'd like to hear. But yep, time to offload the amp. It sounds fine, just not your style.

• Members

Doh! Well, I did think it was a decent sounding camcorder mic, still, not as clear as I'd like to hear. But yep, time to offload the amp. It sounds fine, just not your style.

YEah, I think so too.

Might be offing the q3 to get a new guitar and pups for it too, but we shall see...

Archived