Is there a distortion pedal that you thought rivaled high end, high gain heads?

Acshreds

• Members

I dunno about "rivaled", but I really like the Okko Dominator, and from what I've heard the Toneczar Openhaus is pretty nice too, I'll find out in a few months when mine arrives... not my demos:

[YOUTUBE]tkPWbXEMRho[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tiXeErk4bas[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Why don't all-tube high voltage, high gain distortion pedals exist? I can't find one anywhere.

It'd be difficult to run off a 12V battery, so most use plate starving. You'd have to run it off wall juice like this one with a 230V plate voltage which is coincidentally or not exactly the same as the Matchless Hot Box (and probably both from Bad Cat):

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=SgjowgAA1269848556&command=link--amtfg

This one has 140V plate voltage:

http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk/tubestuf/mctube.htm

A while back I remember seeing a company that was making Transistor pedals based off of famous tube pres, but I have completely forgotten.

• Members

Right on with the solid punk tone, the playing, and Bad Brains for the love of Jahzeus! Wearing the "Bad Brains" album cover T right now actually. I heard Quickness the other day on Faction after it had been years since hearing anything from that album. The early punk/reggae combination was their strong suit, but the quickness "rock" was some very original and killer music imo.

Punk type distortions have always been much easier to find in a pedal than any metal type distortion, imo.

NITROHOLIC
im not gonna tell you what ones they are cause then there prices will go up.

so no. they all blow donkey dick

real nice of ya to offer up some ideas, pal. thanks for the insight :thu::idk: :poke:

• Members

I thought my old damage control solid metal through a crate v18-112 sounded pretty {censored}ing amazing. I need to get some videos of it from my friend, eventually. I thought it was pretty on par with a lot of high end, high gain heads...

Archived