OT: Wow I hate getting bad news

nitrous2400

• Members

Well I don't know how to really put in words how I'm feeling right now, its so distant, but I just found out the younger brother of my best friend growing up passed away a little while ago. I grew up with his brother from pre-pre-school to like 6th grade (pretty much everyday, i was at his house or he was at my house) and we all went to Sunday school and church together.

I was just getting in Jr high and they were going through a rough patch with their family, it seemed everyone began changing since it was high school but they became even more different. They both slowly became more involved in hip hop and that culture and I just progressed from rock to where I am now. We were still friends even after they changed, but just not as inseparable like before. One day they moved far away after their parents divorced and I saw them less and less. A while back my friend found me on the internet and we caught up but he was still far away, and we were both busy with school so we never got to meet up.

Its really sad thinking back, I literally just found out his little brother passed away. And its so weird, I can still remember everything down to the smell of the grass and the spring air in his backyard vividly. Just me, my friend and his little brother playing on the swings. Just being normal kids, watching movies together, his mom picking us up from school and everything and it feels so {censored}in close. I seriously can't believe it... and the more I think about how this kid who's two years younger than me me is gone the more I get speachless... I know theres probably nothing I could do to change the path that he took but it still brings me no comfort knowing that.

So yeah its 6am and I have to be in NYC early and walk around pretty much all day, and instead of sleeping I've been up all night thinking about how the kid I watched grow up is gone. :cry:

• Members

its hard to fathom these things. young people dying is very tragic and always makes me question my own mortality constantly. Dont even try to put it to words just let your mind sort it out. Sorry for your friends family's loss.

• Members

Having recently lost my own younger brother, there are no words. So far the only thing I have found that helps at all, is to talk about him. It just sucks. Sounds juvenile, but so far these are the only words that pop into my head whenever I think about the finality of it. I wish I had some words to offer comfort, but I have found none that provide any at this point.

Keep his memory alive, talk to your friend about him, he needs that right now.

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that :(

It's hard growing up and away from your childhood bestfriends, but to find out his younger brother passed away...

I was the one that had my family move away while in grade school, so I lost touch with a lot of friends from Ohio. I can't imagine if my best friend's younger sister passed on. She was like my younger sister as well :(

• Members

I appreciate all the replies guys I'm just at a loss for words and nothing makes sense today

its hard to fathom these things. young people dying is very tragic and always makes me question my own mortality constantly. Dont even try to put it to words just let your mind sort it out. Sorry for your friends family's loss.

Yeah I actually told my mother this mornings and she turned white as a ghost. She kept asking me are you sure its not a prank are you possitive? He's got to be kidding...theres no way.. and was in total disbelief. I'm glad I told her this morning and not last night she'd of probably never gotten any shuteye. sunch an absolute shame I'm totally heartbroken :(

Now I gotta go drive into the city one an hours sleep :facepalm:

Archived