Who else loves their Jeep?

pioneerprogress

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:
This is a guy from my local car club. Him and a couple buddies are union pipe fitters, they built this thing from the ground up out of their garage...This is probably one of the most badass rigs I've ever seen. It is truly amazing in person. He's got an 8.1L big block in it, Rockwell 2.5 tons (with 5 ton axles), four wheel steering, doubler transfer cases, and god knows what else...just check out the vid...
:)

That's {censored}ing bad ass :lol:

If you're going to do it, go for the gold :rawk:

Those Rockwells are insane :eek: There was a guy down here in Texas that put em on his Cherokee and tore his uniframe :lol: I'm guessing your pipe fitting buddies are a bit smarter than that dip{censored}.

• Members

Those Rockwells are insane
:eek:
There was a guy down here in Texas that put em on his Cherokee and tore his uniframe
:lol:
I'm guessing your pipe fitting buddies are a bit smarter than that dip{censored}.

I want Rockwells so bad, there just is no cheap way to do it. Between the cost of the axles, and conversion peices, plus the mounting and suspension fab, I have not been able to figure out a way to do it for less than 4-5 grand. It'll happen eventually though...

I've seen 2 YJ's with Rockwells. They both made me stiff.

• Members
I want Rockwells so bad, there just is no cheap way to do it. Between the cost of the axles, and conversion peices, plus the mounting and suspension fab, I have not been able to figure out a way to do it for less than 4-5 grand. It'll happen eventually though...

I've seen 2 YJ's with Rockwells. They both made me stiff.

They'd twist that c channel yj frame QUICK! :eek:

What size tires you running? Grab a set of Early Bronco axles which are roughly the same width as stock, upgrade the front u-joints to the beefier modern versions, outboard your spring mounts, weld on some new perches/shock mounts and you should be good.

• Members
They'd twist that c channel yj frame QUICK!
:eek:

What size tires you running? Grab a set of Early Bronco axles which are roughly the same width as stock, upgrade the front u-joints to the beefier modern versions, outboard your spring mounts, weld on some new perches/shock mounts and you should be good.

I've boxed and reinforced most of the frame already, after I repaired the rusty rear frame horns.

It's got 39.5 white trash specials (Buckshot Mudders) on it now. I'm probably gonna go down to 36's or so and pull the tub spacers ( {censored}ing hate those things). Havne't decided on exactly which tires yet.

It had already been "upgraded" by the PO when I got it for a song once he ran out of things to half ass and rig up on it. It's got good parts on it, they're just cobbled together. I very rarely drive it on the street, so I'm not concerned about keeping it street legal at all. .I was considering going with some full width D60's or something like that, but mostly just waiting for the right deal to come along.

It's got an EB 9 inch in the rear now, but it's showing it's age. Miraculously it's still running the D30 in the front. For some reason the PO rebuild the 30 with stout aftermarket axles and diff parts, so it's managed to hold on. Every time we take it out we place bets on when it's gonna grenade, and although it doesn't sound the best and the engagement slider has been welded in place:lol:, it's still rolling along. It's like a Jeep miracle.

I've upgraded the rear shock mounts to modified Ford F350 units, after numerous failures of the stock type.

• Members
I've boxed and reinforced most of the frame already, after I repaired the rusty rear frame horns.

It's got 39.5 white trash specials (Buckshot Mudders) on it now. I'm probably gonna go down to 36's or so and pull the tub spacers ( {censored}ing hate those things). Havne't decided on exactly which tires yet.

It had already been "upgraded" by the PO when I got it for a song once he ran out of things to half ass and rig up on it. It's got good parts on it, they're just cobbled together. I very rarely drive it on the street, so I'm not concerned about keeping it street legal at all. .I was considering going with some full width D60's or something like that, but mostly just waiting for the right deal to come along.

It's got an EB 9 inch in the rear now, but it's showing it's age. Miraculously it's still running the D30 in the front. For some reason the PO rebuild the 30 with stout aftermarket axles and diff parts, so it's managed to hold on. Every time we take it out we place bets on when it's gonna grenade, and although it doesn't sound the best and the engagement slider has been welded in place:lol:, it's still rolling along. It's like a Jeep miracle.

I've upgraded the rear shock mounts to modified Ford F350 units, after numerous failures of the stock type.

Damn, you running that thing with a high pinion drop out?? Or you got those high angle cv's? I always had problems with the rear shaft on my CJ. Was like 12" long or some {censored} if I remember right.

and 39's on the D30 :lol::D That's bad ass dude. I never broke mine either, but only ran 33's.

Anyway, hell yeah on the D60 idea. Full width ftw :D

• Members
Damn, you running that thing with a high pinion drop out?? Or you got those high angle cv's? I always had problems with the rear shaft on my CJ. Was like 12" long or some {censored} if I remember right.

and 39's on the D30
:lol::D
That's bad ass dude. I never broke mine either, but only ran 33's.

Anyway, hell yeah on the D60 idea. Full width ftw
:D

no high angle stuff, no CV's. I'm pretty sure the transfer case has been clocked a bit, cuz the skidplate has been notched, but it doesn't hang down any lower than the skid does. The wheelbase has been extended, but only by a few inches.

Have you seen the RockJock 60's? Thats a sexy {censored}ing setup, but alas, too expensive for my broke ass.

• Members

'02, they still made the 4.0 I think. Yours have the I6???

They put the I6 in em all the way up to the new JK model when they put the 3.8L in em. I have no clue why they put in the 3.8, except maybe to deal with fuel economy law changes?

The 4.0L was a tank, and yeah, it usually sounds like its about to die after you put more than 90k on it, but they keep going.

I worked at a Jeep dealer, now I work at a Chevy/ex-Hummer dealer. I miss Jeeps. Hummers suck so bad comparatively.

• Members

In. My bone stock '01 Cherokee. Sure, the front brakes get annoying but no big deal to change the pads twice a year. 130k and runs like new. We did put wheels on it from a Wrangler, the original ones were crap and warped. These look better, anyway.

jnw1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived