Pensacola Christian College (fail)

IRG

• Members

my best friend went to Pennsacola for 2 years ... you wouldn't believe the stories she has about that place. She would not conform, so she eventually left. Yeah, no communication whatsoever with the opposite sex (unless you were related). her male cousin went there & they used to hang out all the time & everyone thought it was scandalous & they were written up so many times & would just laugh about it. rock music of any kind was devils music ... nothing but church hymns were allowed. Christian rock was scandalous. She couldn't wear her hair short. They were absolutely sure God was a republican. I could go on and on ... I went to a funeral service with her baptist people & it is still unheard of for any high school age kids to listen to modern music of any kind. Movies are completely off limits too ... this is today guys, not 50 years ago - not the lunatic fringe, just your run of the mill Pennsylvania baptists, of which there are many. Absolutely amazes me these beliefs still abound ... and they hold them so dear

HT

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PCC is not a Christian School.

It is a Mao-esque indoctrination site.

I had a friend from high school go there...honestly, it's places like this that make Christians seem like crazy tinfoil-hat people.

seriously, i play guitar every weekend at my church and its rockin. church hasn't fell in yet:thu:

• Members
Wow.

English. You need to learn to speak/read it. See, words have certain meanings, and from your references, you seem to be confused about what some of those meanings are.

Oh, and BTW, the school described in the OP does not even come close to presenting the "Christian ethos."
:wave:

And condescension: you need to learn what you're talking about before attempting it...

I will reply to the rest of your comments--which go completely overboard, by the way-- in a pm.

As for the others, the SIECUS (Organization that writes the majority of sex ed curriculums) guidelines for 'comprehensive' sex ed states that school age children should be taught that exploring their sexuality is a natural process..."

A good book on the subject is "You're Teaching My Child What?" by Miriam Grossman, M.D.

• Members
Guvnor, how old are you? I'm only 21 (graduated high school in 2007, and I believe my sex education was around 2000-2001 or so), and it was essentially "Having sex will kill you instantly! Abstinence is the only reasonable option! Now sign this abstinence pledge if you want to pass this assignment!"
:facepalm:

I'm 33... And you are right: there are some programs like that... Some go over board... the others omit a lot of information.

• Members

How's this:

You are making statements about sex ed without any references or anything to back those statements up, because they are factually inaccurate and therefore cannot be backed up. Therefore, you must either A) be trying to get a rise out of people, otherwise known as trolling, or B) have no clue about what you are stating, otherwise known as being an idiot.

Here's a recent sample -- albeit whitewashed:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jAy-JJPm2NGeA50Lero_jsfgAFkQD9GV3PMO0

Now when you read the part about "based on science" remember the "science" they are talking about is a single, sixty year old study that has been discredited for decades but these folks cling to it as if it were scripture..

• Members

He's not joking.

Also worth mentioning, things that can get you suspended and/or expelled:

Not being clean shaven

Not being in uniform

Holding hands

Getting engaged without getting consent from the school

I'm guilty of all of those while at university. :o

Seriously, some strange stuff there. I mean, it's great to go to university to get qualified, and I'm glad I did, but at least half of the experience is the student life. :cop:

• Members

Holy {censored}ing {censored} on a stick.

I spent a month at Baylor. With a bunch of Dutch dudes, you know, from the country where smoking MJ is legal.

"Too liberal" is just about the last thing I would ever think of Baylor.

This, are you {censored}ing kidding me that place is holy roller deluxe, probably right up there with BYU.

• Members

if you graduate that school, your diploma shoudl say you've also graduated as a nun/monk, Because that {censored} is more draconian than a monastery/nunnery.

Also, another fun fact, the pensacola diploma is not a recognized piece of educational... reward... diploma.

Basically nobody (no schools or businesses) recognize pensacola as having a legitimate educational system to the college/university degree. Might as well get a "i finished summer camp... in burma" diploma and try to get a job with that. :lol:

• Members

And condescension: you need to learn what you're talking about before attempting it...

I will reply to the rest of your comments--which go completely overboard, by the way-- in a pm.

As for the others, the SIECUS (Organization that writes the majority of sex ed curriculums) guidelines for 'comprehensive' sex ed states that school age children should be taught that exploring their sexuality is a natural process..."

A good book on the subject is "You're Teaching My Child What?" by Miriam Grossman, M.D.

PM received. Guvnor, I offer you a public apology here ~ you're right that I was condescending to you, and you're also right that I should not have been. I'm sorry. Even at 39, I still have to be careful in conversations, since when I forget myself I have a tendency to be rude. Looking back, I see that was the case here, and I apologize.

That said, and though there was no cause or excuse for rudeness on my part, I still contend that your views are way, way off base.

For one thing, children SHOULD be taught that exploring their sexuality IS a natural process. How much of our present society is as utterly screwed up as it is because of the way our culture either completely demonizes sex, or completely sensationalizes it (NEITHER being a natural or healthy depiction of human sexuality)?

Context is EVERYTHING when dealing with a subject like this, and your comments seem outlandish to me because you have offered NO context whatever ~ only fabricated "straw man" depictions of whatever you're opposed to, depictions which do not appear to conform with reality. That's why folks jumped on you as they did, imo.

Again, I'm sorry for my harsh tone towards you. I hope I've managed to be a little better about that in this post. There was no call for me to be ugly, however wrong your comments were.

Peace,

Chris

• Members

Guvnor is just mad cause he lives in Hickory...God, I hate that place :lol:

seriously, though, it probably depends on the school, I live in a rather conservative area so there wasn't any of the teaching kids about experimenting and stuff when I went through that...but any schools on either extreme of the spectrum are probably gonna get in a good bit of trouble. That is NOT the norm.

• Members

Here's a recent sample -- albeit whitewashed:

Now when you read the part about "based on science" remember the "science" they are talking about is a single, sixty year old study that has been discredited for decades but these folks cling to it as if it were scripture..

"They made this more controversial by adding in all this stuff like same-gender relationships to small children, teaching body parts to kindergartners, and teaching erotic art to ninth through 12th-graders," Mikal Wilkerson, who has five children in the school system and a husband who sits on the school board, said Wednesday in an interview. "They even teach about anxiety about sexual performance in high school."

I have no problem with any of those things, and I think most other parents wouldn't either. It sounds like a bunch of sexually repressed people trying their damnedest to repress another generation. Misery loves company, eh?

BTW - Can parents opt out of having their kids participate in parts of the curriculum they find distasteful?

• Members

"They made this more controversial by adding in all this stuff like same-gender relationships to small children, teaching body parts to kindergartners, and teaching erotic art to ninth through 12th-graders," Mikal Wilkerson, who has five children in the school system and a husband who sits on the school board, said Wednesday in an interview. "They even teach about anxiety about sexual performance in high school."

I have no problem with any of those things, and I think most other parents wouldn't either. It sounds like a bunch of sexually repressed people trying their damnedest to repress another generation. Misery loves company, eh?

I agree.

• Members

BTW - Can parents opt out of having their kids participate in parts of the curriculum they find distasteful?

I would submit maybe their time would be better used ya know, teaching engrrish and maths so they could pass TACS test and not flunk out in 9th/10th grade. But I guess everyone has their priorities! :lol:
Don't graduate HS and get a job- we'll just teach you how to {censored} better so you can keep leaching off the few kids that do so they can support your trailer park ass. :lol:

Archived