OT: Those of you who are living with or have lived with their girlfriends GTFIH.

Chrisjd

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did that once for 3 years. It was cool at first, but we eventually got sick of each other, and broke up. Maybe if you have a lot of room in your house it might be cool. You might as well try it out. Just don't get her pregnant unless you decide you want to always stay with her. Also, If you are messy and she isn't, then you will have problems. You might also have to endure the occasional nagging, but just tell her to stfu, and see what happens. I might try it again when I'm like 60 something.

• Members

yep.

I lived with the "molested-and-promptly-ditched-by-father-at-thirteen" basketcase for a few months.

of course this didn't come up until I had my dick in her, which neatly clarified why she cried after comeing, every time.

• Members

Although you've probably gotten the answer you were looking for already, If you tell THIS GIRL "no" on the moving in thing right now, your relationship with her will go south, possibley waaaaay south (turns psycho, keep in mind I don't know her). She should have NEVER asked you this when and like she did. She blew it. I'm sorry, but that's just the facts.
I feel bad about my negative comment, I just have lots of experience here. Get away man (if you tell her "no").

• Members

Everyone has issues. She has hers, you probably have your own. I'm not gonna tell you to run, because while she does seem to have some issues, if they dont go any deeper than this, its really not that bad.

I'm 27, very close to your age, just graduated college, bought my first car and is moving to a bigger place - with my wife of 2 years. We knew each other really well, we were close friends for a long time, and we lived together for a year and a half before marriage. Knowing each other meant that we had next to no surprises after moving in together, and that has been a blessing.

My wife has her issues - she's very proud and prone to depression, but I knew those sides of her, and while they can be frustrating, I know how to deal with them.

Your girlfriend seems very insecure, but that doesnt need to mean she's bat{censored} crazy. Start having some deeper talks with her - her background, her past, parents, maybe past boyfriends. Get a clear picture. If she doesn't want to discuss any of it, she's not ready to move in with you, and likely hiding something.

Get the cards on the table. Know who you're dealing with. If she's TOO insecure, it can be a burden. I know my own insecurities have been a burden on my wife.

Bottomline, my advice is no - for now. Actually, I'd advice that you dont move in until you've had some sort of big fight, argument or something that you got through stronger. Because that fight will come eventually, and you need to know that you can get through it without having stuff like living together artificially keeping you together.

• Members

Statistically speaking of course, it was shown in a study a few years back that couples who lived with each other before they got married had a higher rate of divorce.

that makes no sense. that study is reduculous. thats like saying if you actually test drive a car you will like it less then it you just blindly bought one.

• Members
She needs to have her own place. She can crash at yours occasionally, but keep an eye on it or it will become everyday and eventually all of her stuff will slowly get moved over anyway.
:lol:
Living with girls is a bad idea until you are ready to commit yourself fully. Otherwise they will make your life hell. Well they do that anyway but she'll do it quicker!

This happened to me :lol: Luckily she had her own place and I did kick her out when she was being a bitch.

• Members

Unless you both feel this relationship will keep growing and both of you have the same intentions and wanting to get married then I would say yes, go for it, otherwise {censored} it, let her sleep at her place and you have your own freedom.

Not to sound like a prick but your chick sounds like the dependant type, she just wants to know she can count on her man to keep a roof over her head without being 100% commited, I could be wrong so I apologize in advance...

• Members

Girlfriend moves in = Sex Every Day

Only on Harmony Central is this a bad thing....

We already have sex multipe times when we see each other.

Somehow I don't think this will increase for us if we live together.

Also, I would be willing to bet that most couples that move in together experience a decrease in frequency of sex...

Jus sayin'

• Members
Tell her you think it's a great idea, help her move her stuff in, wait until her old apartment is out of the picture, and then tell her to get lost. No bitch just asks if she can move in on day one. After this little exercise in woman placement, she probably won't ever ask that question again. Like a good girl.

• Members
"Statistics don't lie, statisticians do". The people that are more likely to live together before marriage are also statistically more likely to be open to divorce. The people that won't move in together before marriage are statistically less likely to consider divorce an option. It's not that living together pre-marriage causes divorce.

This happened to me
Luckily she had her own place and I did kick her out when she was being a bitch.

Don't discount the number of people who think that marriage will solve their problems. Likely the same ones who think that having kids will save a marriage.

• Members

I pretty much lived with gf once, always together, lived in the same apartment complex. She was a bitch so that really sucked.

I've been with the current gf for a year now and i could see living with her later on...maybe next spring. It's been discussed, but obviously depends on how things are. I have a great feeling about this one.

Like has been said though, only you will know if its right. Trust your gut and DON'T do it if you aren't 100% sure

Archived