I haz a Titan coming, make me excited/tell me about it.

Chrisjd

• Members

I haz a Titan coming from RyanC.

Tell me about teh map and make me excited.

How is it voiced? Is it similar to any other amps?

Can I get a footswitch that will control the effects loop?

I iz going to review it when I get it thursday.

• Members

easily one of the best high gainers I've ever plugged in to.

In fact, for my style music, it actually rivals a lot of single channel amps that are considered to be "IT" amps for my music.

The fact that my style is not even close to this amp's forte just blows my mind, because it's even MORE at home playing hard rock/metal.

I can't emphasize enough how great of a choice you made in amps, given how much you already like your VHT. :thu: The Titan I played combined all the elements I love about VHT, and took away that overbearing stiffness that "plagues" them. Of course, don't expect a loose amp by any means... it's just a different feel.

Hope you enjoy, and I look forward to your personal review.

• Members
Cool. I wanna know what you think about it compared to the Baron.
:thu:

Did you sell something? You need to use bold or italic on the amps you currently own in your list, or something, so we can keep up. :poke:

Hell yeah man. I actually traded my Baron for it.. :lol:

I dig the Baron but the VHT and 6505s I have(just got a FJA modded 6505 too) are so good they're hard to top.

I really think I'll like the Titan.

• Members
easily one of the best high gainers I've ever plugged in to.

In fact, for my style music, it actually rivals a lot of single channel amps that are considered to be "IT" amps for my music.

The fact that my style is not even close to this amp's forte just blows my mind, because it's even MORE at home playing hard rock/metal.

I can't emphasize enough how great of a choice you made in amps, given how much you already like your VHT.
:thu:
The Titan I played combined all the elements I love about VHT, and took away that overbearing stiffness that "plagues" them. Of course, don't expect a loose amp by any means... it's just a different feel.

Hope you enjoy, and I look forward to your personal review.

Wow that's interesting. It must be versatile then.... If it really has some good elements of the VHT but with a little different flavor, I am sure I'll really dig it.

Thanks man.

• Members

I must say that I LOVE the TITAN! :rawk:
Only reason I traded the Titan away for the Baron was that I had 2 Titans, and I'd heard that the Baron was similar, so I figured I could give it a try, and if I didn't like it even better, well I still had 1 Titan! I was in no way dissatisfied with the amp.

TITAN's ROCK!!! :evil:

(But I've also got a Deliverance 120 arriving later this week that I can't wait to try out!!!)

• Members

I don't know yet. The Baron will arrive here Thursday (tomorrow). After a few days playing with it, I could do a review of it vs. the Titan since I will have both!

I started a few different threads in the past about the Titan vs. Baron when I was trying to figure out which would be the best fit for me. Most people raved about both and said they were very similar and that I couldn't go wrong either way. I ended up going with a Titan and have LOVED it, but am anxious to finally try out a Baron as well. Sounds like they'll be quite similar, so I probably won't end up keeping them both. One of them will probably go on the chopping block.

• Members

I've played both a Titan and a Baron with the kt88's (custom).

I'd say the Baron has more midrange sizzle and a bigger bottom end. The Titan has an upper mid push, but retains some smoothness too. It is excellent for leads and VERY clear and tight. Its awesome for rhythm too, though I like a looser and bigger bottom end for my tastes.

I was really impressed by the Titans organic sounding cleans and an awesome present crunch sound for mid-gain. It is just a really cutting, present amp that still stays warm sounding somehow. For me that combination is just perfect for some lighter gain licks (compared to metal/hard rock).

I actually don't think they are as similar as some people make them out to be. I think though most people put importance on having their amps very clear, responsive and tight around here. Both amps do that very well, but there are some big voicing and feel differences that shouldn't be ignored imo.

Archived