I haz a Titan coming, make me excited/tell me about it.

Chrisjd

• Members

I've played both a Titan and a Baron with the kt88's (custom).

I'd say the Baron has more midrange sizzle and a bigger bottom end. The Titan has an upper mid push, but retains some smoothness too. It is excellent for leads and VERY clear and tight. Its awesome for rhythm too, though I like a looser and bigger bottom end for my tastes.

I was really impressed by the Titans organic sounding cleans and an awesome present crunch sound for mid-gain. It is just a really cutting, present amp that still stays warm sounding somehow. For me that combination is just perfect for some lighter gain licks (compared to metal/hard rock).

I actually don't think they are as similar as some people make them out to be. I think though most people put importance on having their amps very clear, responsive and tight around here. Both amps do that very well, but there are some big voicing and feel differences that shouldn't be ignored imo.

My Baron was VERY bright and midrangey if so desired. Brighter than most other amps I have owned. I would say it's a great hard rock head. It didn't have the massive, djenty lowend of the VHT or Cobra. It took a boost well, but I am generally not in favor of boosting my amps.

I am quite confident I will like the Titan a lot.

• Members

The 100 watt Titan does have a seemingly lacking lowend when played at really low volumes. As you start to turn the amp up a bit though, there is no issue at all. There's plenty of low end, you just have to crank the Bass and Depth when playing at bedroom volumes, and then you can back it off the more you turn the amp up.

Also, with the Contour, you can emphasize the upper mids more, or you can emphasize the lower mids more like a Recto, whatever you want. The Contour knob gives alot of tonal shaping options and is really cool!

• Members

The 100 watt Titan does have a seemingly lacking lowend when played at really low volumes. As you start to turn the amp up a bit though, there is no issue at all. There's plenty of low end, you just have to crank the Bass and Depth when playing at bedroom volumes, and then you can back it off the more you turn the amp up.

Yeah brah...

The Baron can get REALLY loud and it has a LOT of crunch to it. It's very hot and searing sounding with a very generous amount of gain. It should be good for you if you are looking for a heavy, brutal tone but not that ultra modern metal djent tone. I'd almost say it's like a cross between a 6505+ and a marshall.

• Members

Did it arrive today? Do you like it?

I got it yesterday. did you get the baron?

It's a pretty sweet head man, i want to wait a little longer before i give a full review, but there are some standout qualities in the tone of this amp that are impressive to say the least.

Archived