Does anyone here know anything about Organs?

Boris the Blade

• Members
Yeah, I wouldn't go giving up your guitar equipment just yet. I go between a few things here and there (the latest being a 6-string fretless bass), but in the end, I'm a guitarist at heart and I always come back to it. While you might not be quite as hooked on guitar or whatever, I think you'd regret it later if you got rid of all your stuff. Unless you're not all too picky about your gear and wouldn't mind just picking up something else later if you wanted to get back into guitar.
:idk:

ive had the same fender strat for about 5 years already. been playing through an Orange tiny terror combo for over a year. ive had no desire to buy any new guitar equipment. Havent been picky honestly. Only thing that to me is not replaceable is my strat. ive only seen one other like it. but i know i wont have a problem finding another guitar id fall in love with if i ever decided to go back to playing guitar.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
lol!

i actually havent played much at all in the past month or so. i feel like its time to move on
:o
ive been wanting to play teh organ! its time to make it happen!
:D

I play guitar every day at work, but for the first time since I started playing 17 years ago I hardly ever play at home anymore. I play piano at home 90% of the time and only pick up one of my guitars here if I want to write.

• Members

FYI in Deep Purple they frequently played the organ through a Marshall stack.

i play gigs every now and then with a guy who has a new Hammond XK-3 and a newer leslie cab (the black one)... sounds AWESOME.

ya i just saw a video of him playing his b3 through a marshall combo. sounded pretty cool.

• Members

As far as I understood your motivations, I would suggest the Hammond XK1.

There are some Viscount organs, which sound really close. Plus the whole KeyB technology with the 'replicated' features+VST engine.

But it's cool to remain a guitar player and to use a POG/POG2/HOG through Rotary simulator and optional Marshall stack :)

My chain: POG2+HK Rotosphere

Archived