VH100R user ... Time for a change.. Suggestions.

lenster

• Members

OK

Love my VH100R but i'm starting to think its time to try something new.

My Influences vary, but i would say i'm a bluesy / Rock type player , love a bit of hard rock and a bit of metal, even modern country.

But bluesy rock is where i'm at.

I like a bit of grit but also love that slightly broken clean sound , think John Mayer.

So what has a similar vibe to the laney?

Sorta thinkin maybe a lower wattage amp say 30 / 50 watt.

but open to suggestions .

My gear is in my sig if that helps.

• Members

I think experimenting with dirt pedals in front of the clean channel might be an easier path. The VH100R clean is really really good and is a great platform for pedals, tubescreamer in front of the clean channel with the boost engaged would be instant John Meyer live DVD tone.

• Members
I think experimenting with dirt pedals in front of the clean channel might be an easier path. The VH100R clean is really really good and is a great platform for pedals, tubescreamer in front of the clean channel with the boost engaged would be instant John Meyer live DVD tone.

Yeah, the clean channel is really nice! I'm picky about clean tones and like them to either have at least a little grit that sounds great like Ty Tabor gets or very clean but also warm and that can sound thick, and this amp is capable of it all IMO. :cool:

• Members

man try one of the JCA20's... they're so inexpensive you may can just get away with keeping the laney and using the 20H for other lower gain stuff. It or the rebel 30 or tweaker would both be excellent choices to start with since they're really not too expensive.

the new tweakers are coming soon so you may want to hang tight if you want more options. The 2 channel JCA20H is also coming early next year with any luck!

• Members

Sounds like you need a FAT clean tone, with some killer pedals in front if you want that tone. I would say a Dual Showman Reverb with some greatpedals in front will get you there. If you need less wattage get a Bandmaster Reverb EARLY version 68 with drip molding and non master volume with pedals. I can get some overdriven tones that will make most blues guys {censored} their pants.......but I am METAL to the bone.

• Members

Sounds like you need a FAT clean tone, with some killer pedals in front if you want that tone. I would say a Dual Showman Reverb with some greatpedals in front will get you there. If you need less wattage get a Bandmaster Reverb EARLY version 68 with drip molding and non master volume with pedals. I can get some overdriven tones that will make most blues guys {censored} their pants.......but I am METAL to the bone.

This sounds like an opotion, although YES i still like me some hard rock tones.

• Members
yeah this, or the Mesa ElectraDyne.

But honestly, I would reconsider keeping the VH. Fantastic amp. Run it on 2 power tubes if you want earlier breakup.

Yeah Blilly i love the VH, maybe i'm going thru a bad tone week, not sure.
I use to play thru the clean channel with the boost on and add the FD2 for some solo grit but got tired of jumping on 1/2 doz pedals, while trying to sing.
:facepalm:

• Members

this!!!!!! I love mine never use the dirt side

Archived