Marshall 2550 Jubilee

xmorgan socialx

• Members

listen to all the early randy rhodes guitar work. the mans sound was pretty good,then again back then marshall didnt do alot of hi-gainer stuff,so the amp you mite trade,if its a marshall, might sound the same-ish. i wonder if the silver jube marshalls back then were a mix of solidstate+tubes versus the same year say,marshall JCM-800 ALL TUBES. EITHER WAY ITS UP TO YOU.ALSO I THINK THE SILVER JUB. AMPS ARE MORE COLLECTIBLE? JUST WONDERING??? :cool:

• Members

listen to all the early randy rhodes guitar work. the mans sound was pretty good,then again back then marshall didnt do alot of hi-gainer stuff,so the amp you mite trade,if its a marshall, might sound the same-ish. i wonder if the silver jube marshalls back then were a mix of solidstate+tubes versus the same year say,marshall JCM-800 ALL TUBES. EITHER WAY ITS UP TO YOU.ALSO I THINK THE SILVER JUB. AMPS ARE MORE COLLECTIBLE? JUST WONDERING???
:cool:

I was always under the impression that people hated RR tone and his half cocked wah sounding thin solos. :cop:

I always thought it sounded great! :cool:

Used to have a SJ, sold it like a dumb ass (to help pay for first wedding). :eek::cop::mad::facepalm:

• Members

listen to all the early randy rhodes guitar work. the mans sound was pretty good,then again back then marshall didnt do alot of hi-gainer stuff,so the amp you mite trade,if its a marshall, might sound the same-ish. i wonder if the silver jube marshalls back then were a mix of solidstate+tubes versus the same year say,marshall JCM-800 ALL TUBES. EITHER WAY ITS UP TO YOU.ALSO I THINK THE SILVER JUB. AMPS ARE MORE COLLECTIBLE? JUST WONDERING???

He died 5 years before they were ever released :facepalm: And he had awful tone... love the playing though.

• Members

depends on what amp are you trading?

Well according to his ad he is looking for a 50 watt Orange, which I happen to have.

I already have 3 Marshall's though and my only concern is that I can already get every tone the jubilee can get with my 800's and splawn modded plexi... But I just love Marshall's nd whenever I see one I don't have I want it haha.

• Members

if its the black tolex it has to be the slash model, i dont thin they made any other silver jubilee in black other than the 1996 Slash sig which has the 100w/50w option that the Silver didnt.

That's what I thought too... until I found this http://www.blamepro.com/mar1360.htm

Towards the bottom it mentions that they made the 2550/2555 models in black tolex as a part of the JCM800 series for a bit after '87.

• Members

Do you still have it? should I trade my Orange for the black tolex 2550? I'm a Marshall nerd, I just want to make sure I'm not going to be missing much not having the Orange anymore.

I would trade in a heartbeat, but I will say I love the Jubilee tone and I do not like Orange amps. The Jubilee is one of my favorite Marshalls, and from what I understand the 50 watter is a bit warmer sounding.

• Members

I was always under the impression that people hated RR tone and his half cocked wah sounding thin solos.
:cop:

I always thought it sounded great!

Used to have a SJ, sold it like a dumb ass (to help pay for first wedding).
:eek::cop::mad::facepalm:

Fkn Faceplam this guy.:facepalm:

Archived